How many putters?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
having experimented with a number of putters over the last few months I have a conundrum.

My Ping Anser I series is great for putts of 10 feet and under.
Whilst my Ping Darby mallet is great for those long long putts but not so hot on distance control on the short ones

Subject to the 14 club rule, can I carry 2 putters?
maybe drop the 3 wood

So my bag would be Driver, 5 wood, hybrid,5,6,7,8,9 iron,
pw,52,sw,60 Anser putter, Darby Putter.

Answers on a postcard....

Cheers

Fragger

Spinn77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can carry as many putters as you wish (within the 14 club rule)

Its a crazy idea you're asking about though!

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There used to be a guy at my club who carried 2 putters. He used one for on the green and another for putting from off it, up to 50yds away on a few occasions.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can carry as many putters as you wish (within the 14 club rule)

Its a crazy idea you're asking about though!

Crazy Idea for a Crazy Guy.

may try it for a couple of rounds to see how i get on.

I just find that on a long putt with the lightweight anser, I stop well short pretty well every time, whereas the Darby is much heavier and the ball goes further without having to whack it.

This afternoon at Wexham I put 12 out of 15 within 3 feet from 25 feet distance with the Darby, compared to 5 out of 15 with the Anser.

Stats, Stats Stats

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Interesting as I was thinking about this myself yesterday.
I have decided not to bother as I think it's simply down to playing on different greens all the time, and not practicing enough.

What you could do is grip the putter differently (maybe lower) on the shorter putts, but I guess ultimately whatever you decide is going to take some practice... back to square one :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That sounds like you're admitting defeat and accepting you can't putt. Find one and stick with it. From the guy who had a different putter every game for a while all the chopping and changing makes no difference. It's the stroke not the club

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A friend of mine has one left handed, and one right handed putter. He also carries two drivers, one left, one right.

If he ever made up his mind, he wouldn't be off 15.

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have you tried using your hybrid for long putts? I saw a few of the low guys at my old club using them from off the green from distance.

roccokj

Head Pro
Visit site
That sounds like you're admitting defeat and accepting you can't putt. Find one and stick with it. From the guy who had a different putter every game for a while all the chopping and changing makes no difference. It's the stroke not the club
You can carry 13putters and a driver if you want to! :D
I wouldnt think you would be admitting to defeat, its really what suits you best...some pros have four wedges, some have three, same thing as that. As long as you dont lose much from dropping the 3wood which i doubt you will