How many of you got some this weekend?

golfcitydweller

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hey `divot` yea greens r always the worst at st.andrews in the winter..don`t know why !!they tend to shove the boxes well forward on the `eden `,so it`s a huge diffrence when u go back to `medal` tee`s in april..so i tend to stay clear of it ....i prefer the `jub`, boxes r back so not much of a diffrence when april comes around .sounds like ur from my neck of the woods !!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday. Just a roll up with my mate. Played crap so wen to the range in the afternoon. Still not hitting it well

Played the monthly stableford today in gale force conditions. Got a whopping 26 points including 37 putts, and 5 blobbed holes. Not sure what happened. Two points on both the first two holes (although I should have parred 2 - first 3 putt of the day). Then 2 blobs (bad tee shots). Then went on a roll from 5 through to 12 and then the wheels came off, followed by the exhaust, then the axle and finally all the doors.

My swing is all over the shop at the moment. Not sure if it is trying to play in the winds or a technical fault. Got a lesson on Sunday though so we should see an improvement

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I managed 6 holes today played well then the f'ing rain and wind came so walked in, had some Guinness, still on the black stuff and can't really see the keyboard. Hic

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Missed out yesterday due to frost on the course-some far played 11 holes on my home course and one society outing.

Frost closed the course 3 of the weekends-very annoying as during the week no frost and reasonable weather but come friday evening the temps drop and the ccourse is closed.

Sooooo annoying.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
hey `divot` yea greens r always the worst at st.andrews in the winter..don`t know why !!they tend to shove the boxes well forward on the `eden `,so it`s a huge diffrence when u go back to `medal` tee`s in april..so i tend to stay clear of it ....i prefer the `jub`, boxes r back so not much of a diffrence when april comes around .sounds like ur from my neck of the woods !!

I'm sorry chaps, don't you know, but I think that the time has come for the forum to be split. I heartily recommend two sections only. One for those who are able to type in English(well, after a fashion) and those from somewhere near the Arctic Circle who haven't seen the sun (surely your mothers told you about that big yellow bright thing in the sky) for quite some time now.

btw Are you able to buy special accented keyboards up there? :D :D