How many of you got some this weekend?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Golf that is, this weather seems worse than last year. Yet again no golf so that makes last sundays 18 the only game never mind practice. Who is going to be first to gloat from the link courses? :)
It this time of year I wish my home course was a half mile closer to the beach.

johng

Head Pro
southerndowngolfclub.co.uk
18 yesterday, stroke play (40 out 46 back).
18 today, friendly knock with a mate. a bit cold + very windy today but managed to dodge the rain (+ hail yesterday) :D

Course drains like a dream and is virtually always playable :D

John.
'no such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing'

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not me, working all weekend and exhausted me golf monthly mag now. But i am off for ten days so i will have all the golf i want. yipee

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not with the gales round here! Had to make do with a range trip. As the wind was bad there too, I practiced with my 3 wedges 40/60/80 yd 1/2 shots with a new technique....

some bloke was trying to get it in a net at 40 yds and failing. miss mini-realgolfer-uk challenged me to get one in first go or buy her something from the vending machine. 1/2 L.wedge in off the post......

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Decent (windy and a bit cold) weather this weekend so managed 9 holes on Saturday and 18 today. For some reason Rutland seems to be dodging all the really bad weather that everyone else is experiencing.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Gutted as we had the 3 clubs + putter comp today (4BBB) and the forecast all week was for snow, sleet and 30mph winds at -2. Decided that it would be pointless even trying to play in that with only 3 clubs so didn't bother to arrange anything.

Gets to Sunday morning and what do you know? Mild, no rain and medium breezes! All too late to arrange the 4-ball! Grrr!

Two weeks on the trot now without a game - and J_F's putter arrived and I still haven't given it a runout!

Need some practice before I go to Bahrain!

Slaighty

Club Champion
Visit site
Me and the lads went for 9 holes this morning in an Arctic gale. 1st hole is a par 5 which was straight into the teeth of this wind, got 9 and the round went downhill from there. Had no feel in hand, eyes were streaming, frozen to core. One of the few times I didn't care by the last couple of holes - not like me.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Having only rejoined the club this season, I've never had the chance to play in the 3+putter comp before, so I'm quite disappointed to have missed it. What a challenge of shot-making!

As for Bahrain, the temp should be about 18-21deg, so a bit of an improvement! Have to phone the courses next week to find out the score but I should definitely get a go at Awali (www.awaligolf.com) and hope to find out about the 9-hole green course on the West coast. Shame about Monty deciding to reconstruct the Riffa!

Thanks gcd - looking forward to it :cool:

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was bopping a wee PW to the green 80 yds away.

you and me both. I'm not one for resolutions (new year or not!), but determined to devote a range session to wedge shots, I've thrown away so many shots recently "fatting" a 50 yarder.. :( :(

tried a few 1/2 L wedge today, including one with the face cranked open.....nearly took out the lights!!!

happyhacker

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played Saturday and Sunday.

Both days course was on winter greens so I just played 4 balls.

Two off the tee, two from 150yards in, then chipped all 4 from about 20 yards. Didnt even bother putting once.

All in all not a bad practice session.