How Lucky Are We?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, it might be winter up here, but there are some terrific opportunities to play some great golf. So far in the past ten days I have played at Monifeith, Carnoustie, St Andrews and Gullane. All in terrific condition for the time of the year and in great shape. Here's hoping the good weather continues!

D

Deleted member 17920

Well, it might be winter up here, but there are some terrific opportunities to play some great golf. So far in the past ten days I have played at Monifeith, Carnoustie, St Andrews and Gullane. All in terrific condition for the time of the year and in great shape. Here's hoping the good weather continues!
Show off :ROFLMAO:

I played the Old course a few weeks ago, agree the conditions are still fantastic.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Not your average winter golf, you've been spoilt!

Not too bad in Nottingham, my course is not playing bad but I honestly wish they'd put us on mats and restrict wheeled equipment on the course.

I played over the weekend and they're still allowing buggies on the front 9, no restrictions on trolleys whatsoever and playing on all summer tees , greens and fairways.

Shouldn't complain but i'd rather the course have some level of protection during this period of the year even if it is currently holding up fairly well currently.Trying to keep greenfee's happy I guess and charging them almost summer rates rather than reduced due to limitations on the course.

Greenkeepers must have their work cut out.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not played since early December, courses have been closed all year so far and when they were open at the back end of last year I had other commitments, forecast is for the temperature to keep dropping to -7/-8 overnight for the next week so not much chance to test the new rules.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes it has been good so far. Played the Glen in mid December and the condition was great. Greens running true just a little slow for what they would be normally due to the sand on them, but still much quicker than I usually face.

Luckily the weather has been good most weekends. Last weekend was the worst for us as it had been cold for the Thursday Friday before hand and a few of the greens were frozen, but the rest of the course was fine. This weekend looks good weather wise too, hopefully get out again.

Although I wish I had been as luck as @CliveW playing all those nice courses.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

speak for yourself, been freezing here, so everywhere will be on winter greens.

These temperatures will be holding up our course changes, all the greens surrounds are due on the remaining 15 holes and new bunkering

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I certainly played a few games in decent conditions since mid December that I wasn't budgeting for.

Our course sits on higher ground to the south of Glasgow and was snow covered all weekend and assume it got a good dusting yesterday morning as well.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well, we're as close to central London as you can get - course was covered. Ok, not so covered that the more hardy sorts couldn't still get a game of sorts (although some temp greens had to be scraped out ...)
We have had more snow this winter than the last two years combined..... Twice.

my mate who lives in Vauxhall was complaining last year he had more snow that we had in Inverness:ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Well, we're as close to central London as you can get - course was covered. Ok, not so covered that the more hardy sorts couldn't still get a game of sorts (although some temp greens had to be scraped out ...)
We had a covering on Tuesday in the leafy town of Ascot which then froze and the course has been shut since. Hope it opens tomorrow as I have a game planned but while the temperatures are due to go up I'm not overly convinced it'll be more than 9 open and then on temps. Hoping for better on Saturday.

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Course ok. Tennis elbow in both elbows. Hurts like hell after playing, in fact doing anything requiring movement. Rest? To paraphrase (is this right?) I'll rest when I'm dead.