How long will it take?!

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Just got home from the driving range and not sure what to make of it. I have had a massive problem of blocking my swing and sending everything right. When i say right, i mean right, the driver would be flying 40-50yards offline. I had a lesson last week and it was noticed im using too much body and not enough arms/hands and my stance was setting up right of the target which never helps to start :ROFLMAO:. During the lesson i managed to get some flying straight at the target and it felt a bit strange but was so nice to be hitting some straight shots. Although the range is too short for me to use my driver so that is all on me to learn whilst at the range.
Now, at the range this morning i took my 7 iron and my problematic driver.

Everything felt so weird. Some were flying really well, others were topping, hooking, slicing. Im obviously not expecting everything to just click but realistically how long should it be until this swing becomes the norm and feels good again? Wednesday morning is comp morning but im thinking of just playing alongside the lads, not in the comp just to take the pressure off as this will be my first round after the lesson? I am just wanting to find some consistency.

Cheers (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always hard to make changes. I tend to try and work on the drill(s) shown for a range session or two and not focus too much on direction but more on strike and the feeling of integrating the changes into the swing. If it isn't going well, go back to the pro and explain what is happening and ask for further advice

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
What change did the pro make?

Nothing to the swing as such, was just making sure i was bringing the hands through and not opening the body up.

Cheers Homer, got another lesson on the 19th so if its still a mess then i will be able to work with him and see what he says.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry for another reply, but kind of related and i am guessing some of you knowledgeable lot will be able to help.

I have a Titleist 915 Driver and Taylormade R11S 3 wood (Both adjustable). If i set them to have a closed face could this help or is it likely to be more of a hindrance in the long run and potentially mask issues?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I usually find when making a significant change to swing I feel ok with it after hitting about 1000 or so balls as in i could go and play with itand it wouldnt feel alien. For something swing change like to feelmostly natural I find it takes about 3000 ballsish