How long did it take before you broke...

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
90 - About a year
80 - About 3 years
70 - About 8 years

Been playing since 1994,single figures since 1998.

Coopsarama

Club Champion
Visit site
I've been playing about 18 months to 2 years now.

Think I've broken 100 once or twice tops.

Now that I've got a sensible job and manageable routine I'm gonna really throw myself into it and concentrate on mastering this bloody game!!!!!!!!!!

mickytwodesks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Cheers for all the replies guys.

Yep i know its only a number but for some reason its bothering me. I feel that playing sub 100 is the difference between a hacker and a golfer (just a personal opinion and certinley not meant to insult anyone). Also i'm desperate to beat a mate at work, he has yet to break 100 but is naturally a better sportsman than me so it will really wind him up.

it must be affecting my golf because once i had recorded the 13 on my card i relaxed and shot 48 on the back 9 ( nicely in the sub 100 zone).

birdieman that is just plane insane, never shot over 100 - ever :eek: so not once you have had one of those days where everything you hit goes sharp right? even as a little'un?

feels like a 4 minute mile - yes spot on :(

i wonder why 100 seems such a barrier?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Started hacking around with mates in 1989 and scored 50ish on 9 hole courses then had my first 18 and scored 105 in 1990. Stayed about the same for a couple of years and then joined a club. I thought that everyone in the club would be decent so I practised and practised until I thought I wouldn't embarress myself. First handicap came in at 15 - gross 80 on a shortish 18 tee 9hole course. This was then upgraded a couple of years later to a full size 18 and by then I was off 8 shooting in the 70's regularly. Have broken 70 twice. 1st time the course was still 9 holes with a par of 68 but 2nd time on the 18 hole course with a par of 71 I shot 69.
At the moment I'd kill for something below 90!! But hey that's golf innit!!!