How can you try on Skechers and Ecco golf shoes?

Rob71

Visit site
Just wondered if its just in West Sussex, but it seems impossible to find a shop with either Skechers or Ecco shoes in stock to try on. I know I can buy online and keep returning wrong fits at around £3 a go, but just want to try on in a shop and buy the correct fit.

Rob71

Visit site
Hi
Thanks for that, Ecco chichester said they dont do golf shoes and mid sussex is a 90 min round journey so a bit far. I emailed Skechers and was told to try Guildford store - phoned them and they dont do golf equipment! Think I will have to stick with Footjoys

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just wondered if its just in West Sussex, but it seems impossible to find a shop with either Skechers or Ecco shoes in stock to try on. I know I can buy online and keep returning wrong fits at around £3 a go, but just want to try on in a shop and buy the correct fit.

Many proshops are part of the Foremost group and I'm sure they would get some in for you to try.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is it that much of a hardship to order two sizes and send one back? That's what I usually do. Just pick a website with free delivery over a certain amount, then you only pay for the return one anyway. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've been in Ecco and Skechers stores and both of them only have a minimal selection of golf shoes in store anyway. Like two or three models at most. So you're not missing out on much anyway.

Also I'd recommend Ecco over Skechers. Both are very comfortable but the Skechers I've had barely lasted a year, while my Eccos are going strong into year 3 now.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
How far are you from Silvermere in Surrey? They do Ecco, Skechers, etc. I would also consider Adidas shoes too. It is a massive shop!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
West Malling has a large shoe selection, and do both brands.
As far as Skechers go, their casual shoes may be ok but thier golf shoes don't appear to last any time at all. Everyone I play with who has had them has not found them to last very long at all. Comfy they may be, but long lasting they most certainly aren't.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Both Skechers and Ecco now only start at size 7, which is no good for me as a size 6 🙁

I do have couple of Skechers from when they did make 6.5s and they are very comfortable even for my wide feet.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Both Skechers and Ecco now only start at size 7, which is no good for me as a size 6 🙁

I do have couple of Skechers from when they did make 6.5s and they are very comfortable even for my wide feet.

Have a look at the EU size of eccos. I've been size 10 in every single pair of shoes I've owned since 2000 Which is size 45 EU size

ECCO however I have to get the size 11 to get EU 45 (I also have wide feet btw) so those size 7s might fit you