Hope You All Are Well

Hoganman1

Visit site
Just checking on my friends "across the pond" and outside the US. I hope you all are safe and well. We're still struggling here in the US to find a cohesive plan. Each state is doing their own thing. Here in North Carolina we're staying home unless the job or action is essential. We are allowing golf, but with some modifications. Our club is walk and carry only. We've also removed rakes, ball washers, benches and all water containers. There's no inside food or drink service and the pro shop and clubhouse is closed. I don't know how much longer play will be allowed as the range and putting greens are closed too. I think it's safe as long as players keep their distance. I hope we can stay open until this pandemic is over. Unfortunately, no one knows how long that will be.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I assumed that was the case from what I've read in the posts. Maybe that is the right approach. Who knows with this virus. I hate it for you all though. I've spent enough time there to know how important golf is to the communities. Also, I know pub gathering is a way of life. I've always be envious of that culture. It's going to be difficult to have to give up both for an extended period.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
We had similar golf course controls, I think for only about a week before they were closed.

From the reporting here, it does sounds a little uncoordinated in the US currently. Hopefully that improves and you, plus all forum members will be okay.
I don't think your countryman Boomer has posted for a couple of days, so hopefully he's just busy.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
So far so good for me and the misses, we've been semi isolating and safe distancing since March 13th. Only going out once a week for essential shopping like brandy and wine :D. Catching up on all the household jobs we've been putting off, in between fighting like cat and dog.:ROFLMAO:
Taking daily temperature oral readings , so far they're staying between 36c and 37c degrees.
So fingers crossed we don't catch it as we're both over 70.:cry:

Hoganman1

Visit site
I just saw on TV that we have almost 25% of the confirmed cases worldwide, but only 30 of 50 states have "stay at home" orders. It boggles the mind why we don't have a national plan.
Obviously, we lost a month by not taking this seriously. There are still some right wing nuts that are putting out conspiracy theories and out right false information. Everyone is concerned about the economy, but we have to beat the virus before we can get back to work. Many here thinks our spike is coming in the next two weeks or so. Maybe they're right and things will start to get better after that happens. Anyway I hope for the best for you all. Stay safe and well.

BTW I completed my census form today and declared my Scottish/Irish ancestry with great pride.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I don't think this is what our current administration had in mind when they said we should lead the world. How about "Make America Not Sick Again"!

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am surprised.
Over here, golf courses are closed but churches are still open :(
Our church is closed - last two weeks services have been online using Zoom. I can’t see how a church could stay open under current guidance.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Our church is closed - last two weeks services have been online using Zoom. I can’t see how a church could stay open under current guidance.

The services may have stopped but the buildings are still open for people to go and pray.
That may have changed in the last week though.
I've just found this.........

''Our church buildings are therefore now closed for public worship, private prayer and all other meetings and activities except for vital community services until further notice.''

sunshine

Visit site
The course controls you list are sensible, we followed these for about a week, before all courses had to close. It is frustrating, because I believe I can safely play golf within the restrictions set out by clubs and the initial government guidance, and the weather has improved and I've got more time on my hands. However, closing was the right decision because too many people were unable to follow the protocols.

At my club I noticed it was mainly the older members who didn't seem to grasp the situation, not sure if it was ignorance or ambivalence.

Anyway, it seems that Americans are adopting their traditional response to a crisis and going out to buy more guns and ammo. I know Trump has (until recently) looked to play down the situation, but I don't know where the average US citizen gets its information - you only have to look at Italy and Spain to realise the severity of the situation and it is all over the world news.

At first, the UK tried a different approach from the rest of Europe, but back-tracked and is now aligned with others. Just hope that the initial strategy doesn't cost us and we become the next Spain. South Korea look to have got it right, they have experience of this sort of thing and we all should have followed them.

Hoganman1

Visit site
Well, we have over a month of staying at home under our belts. It seems to be working. Of course, not everyone here in the US is complying. Sunshine has us pegged pretty well, but we're not all worshiping at the feet of the Orange One. I guess most of you have heard about our fearless leader's comments on Thursday. At least you got a good laugh at our expense. We need to see that this situation gets corrected in November.
I know you don't want to hear this but we're still playing golf in some states. I really hope Europe and other areas that are not allowing play will open soon. I'm convinced it is safe as long as one keeps their distance from their fellow players.
Please stay safe and healthy my friends. Hopefully you all will be back on the links soon.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Well, we have over a month of staying at home under our belts. It seems to be working. Of course, not everyone here in the US is complying. Sunshine has us pegged pretty well, but we're not all worshiping at the feet of the Orange One. I guess most of you have heard about our fearless leader's comments on Thursday. At least you got a good laugh at our expense. We need to see that this situation gets corrected in November.
I know you don't want to hear this but we're still playing golf in some states. I really hope Europe and other areas that are not allowing play will open soon. I'm convinced it is safe as long as one keeps their distance from their fellow players.
Please stay safe and healthy my friends. Hopefully you all will be back on the links soon.

Thank you, you too

Reactions: Doh