Home Office Chair

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
After some recommendations, my chair at home is just about done.
Happy to spend a couple hundred pounds on one as will be using it when working at home and for general computer use as well.

Thanks in advance.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Try before you buy.
This is the thing. I'm so used to just ordering stuff, but a chair you really need to sit on first. I need a new desk chair as well. I sat on loads of them in Ikea the other week, but in many ways we were spoilt for choice and I never made a decision. I think they were a bit overpriced though anyway.

What even is the best place where you can go and try a bunch of office chairs?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the thing. I'm so used to just ordering stuff, but a chair you really need to sit on first. I need a new desk chair as well. I sat on loads of them in Ikea the other week, but in many ways we were spoilt for choice and I never made a decision. I think they were a bit overpriced though anyway.

Currys. They have gaming chairs to try sometimes

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have the John Lewis Dorsal chair and it’s very comfortable- within your budget as well - I’d recommend

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Currys. They have gaming chairs to try sometimes
A lot of the gaming ones are too big and bulky I find. My 'desk' is actually technically a dining table, if the arms of the chair are too big they don't go over or under the table so I can't get close enough. 😂

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’d be checking local used office furniture stores. Having furnished my old business decent grade chairs start at about £300 and can go up to £2k. With so many companies going WFH, they may be some real bargains available and you get to FIF (fart in first)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Can you not “borrow” one from work?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you not “borrow” one from work?
Never thought about this, but the chairs in my office aren't much cop anyway. Half of them are broken.

Also, where I work at home is a hard floor so I'm tempted to get one that has feet instead of wheels. But they are harder to come by it seems.

ColBrown

Visit site
I got my chair from Dynamic Office Seating two years ago. It has a heavy base and a good leather covering that has withstood tea, coffee stains, and biscuit crumbs without issue.
I changed the rollers from plastic to rubber as I have a laminate floor in the office, which makes a difference in wear and noise.

Hacky

Visit site
I’ve worked from home for over 25 years and gone through a vast amount of rubbish ones. 4 years ago I bought a Herman Millar ‘Mirra’ chair; it was way more than I had ever considered paying previously but as a bad back sufferer I can honestly say it was blooming well worth it. With a ten year parts guarantee I am pretty certain I will end up saving money, especially over the ‘cheap’ gaming chairs that I had been buying and would only last two years at most.

Have a look at wellworking.co.uk

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a Humanscale Diffrient World chair and it’s excellent. It’s over the budget you want to spend (think it’s about £500, it was a bit less than that when I bought it a couple of years ago).

It’s brilliant though, I really recommend if at all possible, trying to go for something really good. The better health your back is in, the more golf you can play.

John Lewis tends to have a decent range of office chairs you can try out.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Never thought about this, but the chairs in my office aren't much cop anyway. Half of them are broken.

Also, where I work at home is a hard floor so I'm tempted to get one that has feet instead of wheels. But they are harder to come by it seems.
Wheels are recommended for office chairs - I am currently doing induction for my new job and done all the DSE stuff 😩