Holidays

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Florida if you have not done it is probably the last chance you would get of having a fantastic holiday with the kids out there. Re all inclusive. That would be my compromise. Hire a car and get out and about.

Been twice with the kids, and absolutely loved both trips.

4LEX

Visit site
Dubai, without a doubt.
Im heading back in October, new waterpark in Meridian hotel I’m staying at.

Wouldn't advise a family holiday to Dubai in August personally! OK for a couple if all you're going to do in chill by the pool, swim every 15 minutes and eat/drink inside. Anything else and it's pointless. No golf, no sitting outside or doing anything that doesn't involve air con. You'll get some amazing deals that time of year mind you.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't advise a family holiday to Dubai in August personally! OK for a couple if all you're going to do in chill by the pool, swim every 15 minutes and eat/drink inside. Anything else and it's pointless. No golf, no sitting outside or doing anything that doesn't involve air con. You'll get some amazing deals that time of year mind you.

August is when people from Dubai come to London to the flats they own but don't live in to have a break from the heat!!!!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you can get to Cuba then do it. The place is fantastic, wonderful people interesting culture/history and best of all no annoying yanks!
Book directly with a hotel for great deals. If you want a recommendation, this place is great…
https://www.brisasdelcaribe-cuba.com/

I stayed there back in 99 on honeymoon with the first missus, they gave us a free upgrade to one of the suites with a jacuzzi in :cool:
Very nice place (y)
Last time I was there we did 4 nights in Havana (a must do) and then 10 nights at the Sandals hotel in Varadero which is called the Royalton Hicacos now I believe, another excellent hotel.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I stayed there back in 99 on honeymoon with the first missus, they gave us a free upgrade to one of the suites with a jacuzzi in :cool:
Very nice place (y)
Last time I was there we did 4 nights in Havana (a must do) and then 10 nights at the Sandals hotel in Varadero which is called the Royalton Hicacos now I believe, another excellent hotel.

Havana is great, we wandered right off piste and had a meal in someone’s house! Never felt threatened ever, even the prostitutes were friendly ?.
Checked with the Mrs We went in 98 and it was the best holiday I’ve ever had. Done skydiving out of a 50 year old Dakota and landed right on the beach of the hotel. Everyone gasping as we glided onto the sand and nailed the landing. Bowled straight up to the beach bar and ordered beers for me, the Mrs and the two Cubans we were strapped to. Very memorable stuff. (there was an old boy from the National Guard on board the plane with a carbine making sure the pilot never carried on to Florida!) ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Havana is great, we wandered right off piste and had a meal in someone’s house! Never felt threatened ever, even the prostitutes were friendly ?.
Checked with the Mrs We went in 98 and it was the best holiday I’ve ever had. Done skydiving out of a 50 year old Dakota and landed right on the beach of the hotel. Everyone gasping as we glided onto the sand and nailed the landing. Bowled straight up to the beach bar and ordered beers for me, the Mrs and the two Cubans we were strapped to. Very memorable stuff. (there was an old boy from the National Guard on board the plane with a carbine making sure the pilot never carried on to Florida!) ?

Ha ha quality, yeah we walked all over Havana and like you say never felt threatened at all, just use common sense and don't go down a dark alley at night. We got see a member of Buena Vista Social Club play at the Nacional Hotel, once in a lifetime stuff.
I did the skydive in 99, landed on the beach and went straight to the bar for a very large rum :sick::LOL:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Checked with the Mrs We went in 98 and it was the best holiday I’ve ever had. Done skydiving out of a 50 year old Dakota and landed right on the beach of the hotel. Everyone gasping as we glided onto the sand and nailed the landing.
Bowled straight up to the beach bar and ordered beers for me, the Mrs and the two Cubans we were strapped to. Very memorable stuff. (there was an old boy from the National Guard on board the plane with a carbine making sure the pilot never carried on to Florida!) ?
Yup been there apart from the parachute excellent indeed

Last edited: