Holiday season is upon us and some advice is needed please.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Afternoon Gents and Ladies,
I go away in June for a couple of weeks and a week in September, I intend to take my clubs overseas for the first time to play a few rounds with my dad, right the question is…. Drum roll… Should I spend large on a flight bag or would a half decent one suffice? I shall give you the examples I am thinking of:-

MizunoEliteClubBag.jpg

£90 :eek:

or

srixon_travelcover_a.jpg

for £30?

Which one would suffice? I do need all my golf gear in it inc clothes and shoes to save weight on my case and the Srixon doesnt look like it can hold much else than my clubs, what do you use abroad and what advice can you give me please?

wilf_74

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have the Mizuno tour bag as above, and cant recommend it enough. Very well padded, sturdy with good wheels (my friend bought a cheapy from AG -J.Nicklaus bag, and the wheels came off testing it in his kitchen!) Plenty of Room for clothes, shoes etc. When i take this bag for a trip i put everything in this one bag.

The Srixon does look good tho, good name brand is a must in my opinion.

Wilf.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
Direct golf were doing a John Letters travel bag, huge, with wheels.
£25 with free shoe bag.

I bought one for going to Spain last month, it's excellent.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just a tip I may have read on teh Forum. Pack shoes separately. If (hopefully not!) your bag goes astray, you could hire clubs in an emergency. Shoes are harder to get hold of unhless you fork out for new ones.

AliB

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Just a tip I may have read on teh Forum. Pack shoes separately. If (hopefully not!) your bag goes astray, you could hire clubs in an emergency. Shoes are harder to get hold of unhless you fork out for new ones.

AliB

Good point Alib, I shall pack the wifes in the bag and my golf shoes in her case!!