Holed Out Ball

Wheyayeman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just after a quick rules check, a mate of mine was playing a medal yesterday and chipped in. The ball was in the hole and settled at the bottom of the cup, and as you would in a bounce game in he lifted the flag out and flicked the ball out at the same time. His playing partners told him this was against the rules and made him play out from here he had flicked the ball to.

My understanding is that once the ball was in the hole, ie below the level of the cup and not just resting against the flag then the ball is deemed 'Holed Out' or am I wrong?

Steve

DCB

Visit site
definition of Holed

A ball is "holed" when it is at rest within the circumference of the hole and all of it is below the level of the lip of the hole.

so I think they are at it......

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
If it's come to rest in the cup then it's holed.

Here's the definition from TheRules...

A ball is "holed" when it is at rest within the circumference of the hole and all of it is below the level of the lip of the hole.

If jammed against the Flagstick and not holed (yet), 17-4 applies...

When a player’s ball rests against the flagstick in the hole and the ball is not holed, the player or another person authorised by him may move or remove the flagstick, and if the ball falls into the hole, the player is deemed to have holed out with his last stroke; otherwise, the ball, if moved, must be placed on the lip of the hole, without penalty.

In the case of the OP, the ball was indeed holed. Had it not been, the lip was the required place to place it, so 'where ihe flicked it to' would have been a 'wrong place' as well!