Hitting thin

tagnut69

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi I started playing in Jan shortly after I was in a car crash and buggered my shoulder. Before the crash my major fault was a slight push shot, now I hit every shot thin, getting a 6i 145-150yds and my driver 180-200. I will be having lessons in the new year but any help tips I could try before then would be great.
Many thanks
Chris

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Chris,
Bit tricky without seeing your swing.
Just concentrate on your fundamentals.
Grip, posture, address position and balanced finishing position.
Your lesson will sort out the rest.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agree with Bob, but just another thought... are you subconsciously (or otherwise) scared of taking a divot in case it hurts your shoulder?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
its surprising how the brain can sub conciously protect injured areas without us even thinking about it. I had shoulder surgery a few years back and ever since I have certainly been protecting it even though its now fine. My pro spotted this and gave me drills to work on (the main fault was a very reduced backswing)

as Bob said get the basics sorted and let the pro observe and correct any flaws, easier said than done though as I am still crap even after lessons ;)

tagnut69

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I went to the range today and just slowed my swing down quite a bit and was hitting a lot better, with not much if any loss of distance. I will post a video of my swing when I can find my video camera