High Elms in May 2022

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd be up for this James. Was a member there for a couple of years nearly 30 years ago when getting into golf. Pity my golfing ability hasn't improved since.:( It's a good layout and imo, if it was a private members club rather than council run and overplayed, it would be a good match for many other courses in the area.

As Spongy said, best to avoid weekends. 18 holes would be a long enough walk with a full English - after all, it would be rude not to:D

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd be up for this James. Was a member there for a couple of years nearly 30 years ago when getting into golf. Pity my golfing ability hasn't improved since.:( It's a good layout and imo, if it was a private members club rather than council run and overplayed, it would be a good match for many other courses in the area.

As Spongy said, best to avoid weekends. 18 holes would be a long enough walk with a full English - after all, it would be rude not to:D

The breakfast was very nice as was the ham egg and chips after ?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bare in mind that the start of June is the double bank holiday, I think the 30/31 will be impossible to book as lots of people will be taking that week of annual leave.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
hello,

i have finally heard back from high elms and here are the options;

full english
18 holes
1 course lunch
for £40

full english
18 holes
for £32

they can do any Monday in June with the 1st tee time being about 10am

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds good to me James. I'll go with the flow regarding options but the full English, 18 holes, and a late lunch sounds like a good day out to me. (y)

Thanks for organising.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I think that the council considered a 9 hole "crazy golf" around the cemetary after the 1st to match the rest of the course to make the 18, but the local church weren't keen on the idea.:unsure:
They had grave concerns? ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think that the council considered a 9 hole "crazy golf" around the cemetary after the 1st to match the rest of the course to make the 18, but the local church weren't keen on the idea.:unsure:

Bit harsh mate; as a 9 hole learner course it wasn't the worst. When I was a youngster the greens were better than a lot of local courses.