High driving

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
GB, I don't know if you've read any of my posts recently, but I've been messing with drivers of late.

I tested 4 the other day; 13 (mine) 12, 11.5 and 11 (2nd hand/demo, off my pro) and to be honest, it was the biggest waste of time I remember in quite a while.

Maybe you should have a go with few at a range or something?

It's a minefield out there...I tell you. Incidentally, I found out that both my MX700 and the JPX800 seem to go better teed down a little, as opposed to the Cleveland I tried which was best higher. Weird stuff. Either way, as the loft dropped, the fade started to creep in and the overall distance was not really improved.

I did have some success when I took a Demo 10 degree Benross out today.I found some big distance gains. I admit that it was a bit less forgiving and I really had to concentrate on my setup and swing to get the best out of it. When it was wide, it was not that wide but I was getting similar carry but substantially more roll than my 12 degree. I am a bit undecided at the moment. Part of me is thinking about getting a cheapish lower loft driver and use it on the range for a couple of months. If it all goes well then it can go in the bag, if not then not likely to lose too much if I sell it on. No way that I am getting rid of the JPX though. If nothing else it would be my emergency club if everything goes to hell and the driving goes to pot again.