Here's my swing...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Firstly, can I say I hope you are the first guy, the other 2 were rubbish ;)
I know you are working on the stack and tilt method so you probably like this position

jouk.jpg

I personally wouldn't teach it, but each to their own.

I wonder though if you are trying for this position in your method?

juok.jpg

Apart from the stack and tilt stuff, it looks very accomplished, measured and in control.
But is it fun? :D

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Firstly, can I say I hope you are the first guy, the other 2 were rubbish ;)
I know you are working on the stack and tilt method so you probably like this position

jouk.jpg

I do apart from the overswing.

If I was putting weight over to the right then I'd probably have stopped that swing just short of parallel. I'm finding it quite tricky to stop my swing short this way. If you hold a club up parallel, turn your shoulders fully and then lean over to your left the clubhead naturally dips... so it's going to take some time to get used to the feel. This is the first time I've actually gotten a video of it, so I can address that now I hope.

I wonder though if you are trying for this position in your method?

juok.jpg
That's about where I want to be. The body is supposed to be in 'reverse C'. With the shoulders behind the hips. Do you think that position looks weak?

I find it pretty interesting considering I've only had a few pics to go with... didn't buy the DVD :p
reversec.gif

But is it fun? :D
It is!... I can rip it. If I can stop that overswing then I might keep 'em on the fairway a bit more often :)

It's early days but I really am loving it. It seems so simple to me, load the left side and turn the shoulders. If you see the swing in slow-mo then the only thing that moves in the entire backswing is my shoulder turn, head, body, and legs don't move at all until I drive into the downswing.

I might go back to a more conventional swing, I'm only testing it... but don't want to give it back just yet :D

@ Slugger...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq1pEeSjs9U

Regards...

NeilPlimmer25

Club Champion
Visit site
Not sure I am the best persn to comment on the stack and tilt swing, but it has been doing some great things for a number of players

I would just observe the fact that you lose a little bit of width/space between your hands and head at the top of the backswing. This will certainly contribute to your overswing

Don't think about making the swing shorter, just think wider. You should then feel you have more room on the downswing to achieve the shape at impact/post impact that you are after

Hope that helps, just an observation, you obviously have a good knowledge of the swing and your own game

Neil

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Not sure I am the best persn to comment on the stack and tilt swing, but it has been doing some great things for a number of players

I would just observe the fact that you lose a little bit of width/space between your hands and head at the top of the backswing. This will certainly contribute to your overswing

Don't think about making the swing shorter, just think wider. You should then feel you have more room on the downswing to achieve the shape at impact/post impact that you are after

Hope that helps, just an observation, you obviously have a good knowledge of the swing and your own game

Neil
Thanks Neil,
I did notice on my down the line shots that I was a bit flat. I'm working on getting back onto plane now which should stop me wrapping the club round my neck and keep that width,.. all I gotta do is get used to it as I feel like I'm swinging with someone else's arms at the moment.... my mums!! :D