Help required! Short survey on slow play

mikee247

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Done.
Playing ability number one.
I saw 2 ladies on or course yesterday who no disrespect shouldn't have been on the course.
One lady took 8 shots to get to the corner of our 4th,a dog leg,she was half way.
I was on the practice area watching.
We all had to start somewhere.
When I started my dad used to refuse to take me on the course when others were around,partly
due to me being dangerous and being courteous to others.

This is a good point. My father wouldnt let me on the course until I had a basic idea of the rules more importantly understood the etiquette part of the game and was able to at least hit the ball. Youve got to start somewhere of course but that might be the driving range or a par 3 course until this happens. Its a tough thing to decide but thats whey some clubs only allow players with handicaps certificates to play. It all helps and Im a big fan of this which has sadly been in demise.

V

vkurup

Done.. Interesting debate... But too many reasons asked including counter intuitive ones like use of DMD and buggies - IMO these speed up rather than slow down.

My 5p on this.... It is like using the road, if you can't drive fast or don't have a fast car, then get off the middle lane and let others pass.. No shame in that..

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Done.. Interesting debate... But too many reasons asked including counter intuitive ones like use of DMD and buggies - IMO these speed up rather than slow down.

My 5p on this.... It is like using the road, if you can't drive fast or don't have a fast car, then get off the middle lane and let others pass.. No shame in that..

Shared buggies always slow things down.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Done.... I agree that people not being ready to play when its their turn is a big issue. Also, people don't seem to walk to their ball with any purpose. Players these days seem to slowly amble to their ball talking about the footy or the shot they just hit. I'm not anti-social or anything, and i'm not saying don't have a chat while your walking to your ball, but , walking briskly (which I believe used to happen) would go a long way to solving the issue.