Help!!golfer in need

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Ok I’ve had possibly the worse month golf wise as long as I can remember shanks on the irons everything coming off the heel and slicing my driver .Im a 12 h/c so normally play half tidy golf but out of no where these faults have kicked in and I been battling them for a over a month now trying all sorts and still there ,I’ve always been solid off the tee but it’s getting to the stage I’m questioning what I’m doing before hitting the shot .I'm having a lesson this week but before hand any ideas what I’m doing wrong or how can I correct this it’s frying me slowly because it’s destroying my game .

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Impossible to say for sure without seeing the culprit but one thing springs to mind.

If you are slicing you will be out to in which means you will be steeper into impact.
This may be because you have edged nearer the ball at address which can result in a steeper swing and the shanks.
Try stepping back from the ball an inch or two and see if that helps

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I can’t see the pro this week he’s away I’ve filmed myself down the range last night and the video captures my current consistent miss but it won’t let my upload the video on here as says the file is too big .

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I apologise in advance about my awful swing im in the middle of changing things this is a prime example of my bad miss I’ve tried all sorts to sort it out .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is in slow motion. For people who are going to look and give advice drag the timeline along to 2mins 20. The slow motion is then very helpful.

Good luck CP, I am not commenting on the swing as I know nothing about these things (y)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Without filming myself I feel as if I’m coming in steep and gone To much arms in my swing I think

Stand closer to the ball if anything - less knee flex and feel as though your left hip on the transition is getting closer to your left heel!

I've had some shanking incidents recently and the above helped me no end.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
It is in slow motion. For people who are going to look and give advice drag the timeline along to 2mins 20. The slow motion is then very helpful.

Good luck CP, I am not commenting on the swing as I know nothing about these things (y)
Sorry about the slow mo I did cut it but when I uploaded it came out like that

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the shanks recently. I've managed to keep them at bay by focusing on my left hip turning back on the way through. I think beforehand I had no hip turn, was all arms which could have caused them. That might just be me though.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I had the shanks recently. I've managed to keep them at bay by focusing on my left hip turning back on the way through. I think beforehand I had no hip turn, was all arms which could have caused them. That might just be me though.
I’ve never suffered with this horrid slice /shanks inconsistency before it’s just come out of no where which is frustrating everything I try to correct it makes it worse.from the comments above I’ll defiantly try more left hip turn

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve never suffered with this horrid slice /shanks inconsistency before it’s just come out of no where which is frustrating everything I try to correct it makes it worse.from the comments above I’ll defiantly try more left hip turn
Yeah me neither really, just came on this year. I didn't feel like my swing had changed significantly, yet there I was shanking it 4 or 5 times a round. Only one in the last four rounds though now, and that was on the 17th after playing two days in a row so tiredness/laziness mostly.