Help For Heroes charity golf day - Hayling Golf club Tuesday 18th October

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Forest also managed a clean sheet and point. Winning day all round ?

Sorry for not catching up properly (and almost killing you, Mike, Duffer and SLH on the 16th tee ??)

Mate,

I will let you off for that due to being a Forest Fan ??????

Just need to beat Liverpool in the next game to cap off a great week mate????

Catch up next time, might even sweet talk Rich to put us together mate ????

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Picture sums the day up nicely for me. Congrats to Tony on his deserved award & to Richard, Vicky and the team for putting the whole show together.
Weather, club & course were enjoyed by me and playing partners @petema99 & my guest Andy. Well done to @Imurg on a great score ??, Mark the Auctioneer for his amazing work & the donations received for the items for raffle & auction.
Looking forward to next year’s event already.

P.s. Tony James is now out of hospital & recovering at home.
E9245747-A016-4519-80F5-415792ADEACC.jpeg

Last edited:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As others have said I can only echo the responses of a truest fantastic day, as always well organised and I feel hayling done well to accommodate us. I’d love to go back.

The highlight has to be the force in which @Swinger ’s jaw hit the green on 15 as my putt dropped, the pitch mark was huge!!! Thanks to @Swinger @Shamalamdingdong and GM’s own Elliot for a great 4 hours! ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Another great day , lots of work goes on in the background by @richart to make the day run very well

Was a pleasure to play with Jimmy from the Battleback golfers and even better to see him win the guest prize

Great couple of days and always good to see the forum support a great cause and hope we continue to do so for many years ahead

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Another great day , lots of work goes on in the background by @richart to make the day run very well

Was a pleasure to play with Jimmy from the Battleback golfers and even better to see him win the guest prize

Great couple of days and always good to see the forum support a great cause and hope we continue to do so for many years ahead

Echo this. Really enjoyed the round with Jimmy, Sean and Phil yesterday, my golf aside. Jimmy is a great bloke and really inspiring. Very pleased to see him win the guest prize, it was thoroughly deserved.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
That's just prompted me to remember that I handed Rich a Vokey wedge that had been left next to a bunker on the 7th hole. I don't think it got announced, so if you're missing one, contact Rich, tell him the loft and other details and if they match, there's your wedge back.
Guessing it's one of these:
6TH (A) LIVERPOOLPHIL, SAWTOOTH, NEEDMYWEDGE, KEITH DAVIES (BB2)
6TH (B) OPTOM, CANARYKID, PADDYC, CAKE
7TH ORIKORU, EVEMCCC, PATSTER1969
Oh, the irony if it was one of these in particular! ?

D

Deleted member 15344

That's just prompted me to remember that I handed Rich a Vokey wedge that had been left next to a bunker on the 7th hole. I don't think it got announced, so if you're missing one, contact Rich, tell him the loft and other details and if they match, there's your wedge back.
Guessing it's one of these:
6TH (A) LIVERPOOLPHIL, SAWTOOTH, NEEDMYWEDGE, KEITH DAVIES (BB2)
6TH (B) OPTOM, CANARYKID, PADDYC, CAKE
7TH ORIKORU, EVEMCCC, PATSTER1969
Oh, the irony if it was one of these in particular! ?

Hi Bratty

Yes it was @need_my_wedge club - I was supposed to bring it back for him but then I forgot it as well ?‍♂️

@richart - was it still on Vickis chair

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks to @richart and everyone involved in organising another great day and especially to Steve & Mike for hauling me around Hayling, sorry I didn’t make the whole 18 holes but didn’t know how far you would need to run for the defibrillator. Thanks also to @Papas1982 for organising a great warm up day and to Rich, Gordon and everyone else for another great curry night.

Worth the agro for forgetting the wedding anniversary.

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Really enjoyed it as a first timer at H4H and was teamed with a great group. Didn't play particularly well (27pts) and lost plenty of balls off the tee, including pulling my first drive OOB :D but positives I did birdie a hole and for a brief moment thought I was in with a shout on nearest the pin (was just outside imurg's mark)

Definitely won't be my last event! Thank you to all the organisers

Sean

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Thanks again to @richart for such a fun day at Hayling! Can't say my golf impressed anyone, but it was great to play with @TopOfTheFlop @richart and @Aztecs27 ! I'm going to donate another tenner to the JustGiving page, as I didn't have enough cash on me to enter the prizes yesterday (my mistake). Cheers again, everyone - hopefully play again soon (I'm always keen for a round if anyone is in London)!

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks again to @richart for such a fun day at Hayling! Can't say my golf impressed anyone, but it was great to play with @TopOfTheFlop @richart and @Aztecs27 ! I'm going to donate another tenner to the JustGiving page, as I didn't have enough cash on me to enter the prizes yesterday (my mistake). Cheers again, everyone - hopefully play again soon (I'm always keen for a round if anyone is in London)!

where in London are you?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
What a fantastic day and all for a great cause ??????

Thank you Rich and all the team for the hard work you all put in to ensure the day goes ahead, it is much appreciated.

The course was fantastic, I thought it was a real good test, ref the fairways on chatting to one of the Marshall he informed me that the fairways had been wrecked during the hot summer, so they have re-seeded them, hence preferred lies and use of fairway mats on social play. I don't personally think it spoilt a fantastic course.
Thank you to all at Hayling for looking after us, the little gift bag was a lovely touch.
Thank you to my playing partners Mike H, SLH and of course young Duffers ????, you all made it a relaxed enjoyable fun round.
Well done Tony for getting a well deserved prize and to the winner (I forget who it was ??????)

These days are in my opinion what golf is about, having a laugh, hitting good and crap shots, catching up with old friends and making new, eating a shed load of food and the added bonus of raising a cracking amount of money for a well worth cause.

Look forward to the next one ????????
Really good meeting up with you G, such an enjoyable and convivial knock we had with duffer and Mike. We even saw some decent golf played. But let’s not mention too much duffer’s little putt on 18…oooh painful…?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

Nonsense, your putting was obscene and you hit some absolute belters. Was a thoroughly enjoyable round with great company. If you're ever over this way, give me a shout, would be good to get a round in - Apologies for getting your name wrong btw FFS! :oops:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Another enjoyable day out in support of H4H. I didnt play my best, but that doesnt matter as we were there to support a great cause.

Thanks to @GG26 and @Old Skier (plus guest) for their company on the day, think we had a mixed bag between us.

Also thanks to Rich and his team for all the effort they put in for this each year, I'm sure it is not a small task and we are all very grateful.