Help For Heroes charity golf day - Hankley Common Golf Club - Wednesday 30th August 2023

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Incredible course and I had a great day. Thanks to @richart & everyone else involved in the organisation, thanks to all the guys I played with at Farnham as well as today. Had an awesome two days, certainly the best forum meet that I've done so far. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

D

Deleted member 15344

Hankley is a stunning venue , a beautiful course

H4H is an amazing event , we get to play some wonderful courses in great company

But we need the support of the forum to keep ensuring that they continue to be a success

So if you have never been to a meet or worried about going to one - don’t , they are superb , and you get to meet lots of great people from all over the country.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Fabulous day again. Thanks to Rich, Vicky and anyone that assists in planning the day. Hankley spectacular.

A very moving speech from Derek that brought a tear to my eye. Afterwards I tried to thank him for his service and congratulate him on his speech but I choked up and hardly got my words out.

He was so modest as to actually thank us lot for the fundraising!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My ears have been burning all day
Wonder why?

View attachment 49276
For those who are hard of reading, this was the 18th hole sponsor message.

"Fragger's Farewell"
Feel Free To Swear As Much As You Want On This Hole, For A Donation
Your ONLY Chance to tell your favourite (cough) (soon to be ex) Mod where to go without repercussions :)

Hopefully raised a packet, btw some of you are quite inventive 🤭😂😂
I took the opportunity and Phil will be able to guess the combination of two words - one a wee sweary - that in the past has got me more than one infraction…🤔. I did enjoy making use of the opportunity…👍

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hankley is a stunning venue , a beautiful course

H4H is an amazing event , we get to play some wonderful courses in great company

But we need the support of the forum to keep ensuring that they continue to be a success

So if you have never been to a meet or worried about going to one - don’t , they are superb , and you get to meet lots of great people from all over the country.
…and sometimes some folks play some pretty damned tidy golf 👍🤔👍😘

D

Deleted member 1147

Cracking day all.
Rich and Vicky (plus your helpers) , thanks. Another great day on a great course.
Phil, Neil and Andrew, thanks for your company.
Congrats Phil on best gross.
My own golf was typically annoying and frustrating. 34 points finishing with 4 one pointers.
Well done all, and here’s to next year…I assume that’s already sorted?
😁

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fantastic day,fantastic course , cracking amount of money raised for a worthwhile cause.
Thanks to my 4 ball some really good golf with cracking banter .
Bratty as always , a pleasure being in a 4 ball with you mate and also well done on standing in at short notice to be the auctioneer mate👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

Thank You Rich,Vicky and all the other helpers , I don't think people realise how much time and effort goes into this to ensuring it takes place and runs smoothly.👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

D

Deleted member 25172

Thanks @richart and his helpers for the work they put in year after year to keep this going. Yesterday was great, as always. Stunning course, weather perfect, good company on and off the course and the golf gods of Hankley Common allowed me to play good golf. Couldn't of asked for more. I'll sleep in my sombrero for the next few days and eat tacos for breakfast.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks @richart and his helpers for the work they put in year after year to keep this going. Yesterday was great, as always. Stunning course, weather perfect, good company on and off the course and the golf gods of Hankley Common allowed me to play good golf. Couldn't of asked for more. I'll sleep in my sombrero for the next few days and eat tacos for breakfast.
All you've done all year is complain how bad you're playing. I guess it was all a sham! Well played. (y) That longest drive as well, I think I was only 30 yards past it after my second shot. :cry:

D

Deleted member 25172

All you've done all year is complain how bad you're playing. I guess it was all a sham! Well played. (y) That longest drive as well, I think I was only 30 yards past it after my second shot. :cry:

Thanks! What can I say, I'm a deluded miserable sod who cannot wrap my head around how this game works. :D On Sunday I shot 94 on my home course, and yesterday 5 over par. How is that even possible?

You'll be happy to know that despite the drive, I managed to bogey the hole as I fatted the wedge into the gulley. Standard! :ROFLMAO:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks! What can I say, I'm a deluded miserable sod who cannot wrap my head around how this game works. :D On Sunday I shot 94 on my home course, and yesterday 5 over par. How is that even possible?

You'll be happy to know that despite the drive, I managed to bogey the hole as I fatted the wedge into the gulley. Standard! :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like the Fragger swear bucket got a healthy donation after the second shot!

D

Deleted member 1147

A truly brilliant day at H4H!
My thanks to Rich and Vicky for a cracking effort.
Congrats to all the winners (which for the first time ever included me!) and I look forward to seeing you all next year.
Special shout out to @Midnight for once again being my good luck charm on a golf course. 😉 Legend, mate!
Congrats on auction duty
Must have been hard for such a shy and retiring bloke 🤣

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
After another cracking H4H day - this time at Hankley Common - it’s just my 2nd (and 2nd DayB4), I will fully endorse every word of the @Liverpoolphil post above and encourage all forummers to make it a day in your diary if you can.

For many years I avoided signing up as I thought it would be one great big clique that I’d feel ‘apart from’ and uncomfortable in. I could not have been more wrong. Yes there are many who have gone on the days and other meets for years - so yes - many know each other. But believe me, as a once disbeliever, the fellowship and togetherness of being with a load of folks you kind of, but don’t really, know is great. And before you know it you do feel ‘a part of’.

And yes - the day is not el cheapo, but it is great value for money given the courses we are able to play due to the generosity of special clubs and, as yesterday, top bacon roll and coffee before going out and an absolutely splendid roast plus dessert to follow.

So to all you sceptic forummers and those who may have ummed and ahhed about signing up for the day in the past, put those thoughts and doubts away and determine to sign up next time.

And oh yes, the H4H cause is a special one, and the charity recognises the special effort that the forum does on the day raising money for it.

Last edited: