Help For Heroes charity golf day - Hankley Common Golf Club - Wednesday 30th August 2023

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Results from Hankley Common:

Gareth Dutfield (Guest winner) 44 points
Lilyhawk (forum winner) 41 points
Mike Thorpe (guest) 39 points
Bratty (2nd forum) 39 points
Papas1982 (3rd forum) 37 points (OCB)
CVG 37 points
Cake 37 points
Kushal Limbu (BattleBack) 36 points
BogieBoy 36 points
Fell75 36 points
Nick Bonfield (GM) 36 points
APJ0524 35 points
Liverpoolphil 35 points (Best gross score 74)
Yandabrown 35 points
Drive4Show 35 points
Troymcclure 35 points
SurreyGolfer 35 points
DeanoMK 35 points

Longest drive was Lilyhawk
Nearest the pin 2nd hole Nick Bonfield (GM)
Nearest the pin in two 4th hole Drive4Show
Winner of the Rickg Memorial Trophy PNWokingham

There were a lot of scores above 30 points, too many to list here!

Well played to the winners, especially El Bandito.:)

Last edited:

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
After another cracking H4H day - this time at Hankley Common - it’s just my 2nd (and 2nd DayB4), I will fully endorse every word of the @Liverpoolphil post above and encourage all forummers to make it a day in your diary if you can.

For many years I avoided signing up as I thought it would be one great big clique that I’d feel ‘apart from’ and uncomfortable in. I could not have been more wrong. Yes there are many who have gone on the days and other meets for years - so yes - many know each other. But believe me, as a once disbeliever, the fellowship and togetherness of being with a load of folks you kind of, but don’t really, know is great. And before you know it you do feel ‘a part of’.

And yes - the day is not el cheapo, but it is great value for money given the courses we are able to play due to the generosity of special clubs and, as yesterday, top bacon roll and coffee before going out and an absolutely splendid roast plus dessert to follow.

So to all you sceptic forummers and those who may have ummed and ahhed about signing up for the day in the past, put those thoughts and doubts away and determine to sign up next time.

And oh yes, the H4H cause is a special one, and the charity recognises the special effort that the forum does on the day raising money for it.
Good post Hugh. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
34 points and blobbing the last, narrowly missed out on the above leaderboard. 😆 It did seem like everybody we asked was in the low to mid 30s region of points scoring, so it showed how scoreable the course is if you can keep it on the fairways. Often when I play a nicer course I just find it too difficult for my poor level of ability (see Hayling last year), but Hankley was very enjoyable.

I also echo the comments of @SwingsitlikeHogan - a relative newbie, this was my third H4H, and whatever you think about people you might not get on with on the forum - it's a different ball game when we've all come together for the cause and for a great day (or two)'s golf. It never gets old putting new faces to the forum names you've seen for so long!

D

Deleted member 25172

Results from Hankley Common:

Gareth Dutfield (Guest winner) 44 points
Lilyhawk (forum winner) 41 points
Mike Thorpe (guest) 39 points
Bratty (2nd forum) 39 points
Papas1982 (3rd forum) 37 points (OCB)
CVG 37 points
Cake 37 points
Kushal Limbu (BattleBack) 36 points
BogieBoy 36 points
Fell75 36 points
Nick Bonfield (GM) 36 points
APJ0524 35 points
Liverpoolphil 35 points (Best gross score 74)
Yandabrown 35 points
Drive4Show 35 points
Troymcclure 35 points
SurreyGolfer 35 points
DeanoMK 35 points

Longest drive was Lilyhawk
Nearest the pin 2nd hole Nick Bonfield (GM)
Nearest the pin in two 4th hole Drive4Show
Winner of the Rickg Memorial Trophy PNWokingham

There were a lot of scores above 30 points, too many to list here!

Well played to the winners, especially El Bandito.:)
Que?

1693563614481.png

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
I really enjoyed it. My group (Grizzly, Troy & Bdill) were ace. I think it was Deano in this thread or an earlier thread who said the heather was penal but you could still find your ball and that was spot on. If you kept it on the fairway you had a chance and not surprised to see a few people go low.

Echo the thoughts of others as a relative newbie and high-handicapper, nothing to fear from attending.....you will be welcomed with open arms!

BigJC_H4H

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone for your support on the day and of course over the past 13 years.

If anyone is going to be a Captain and would like have Help for Heroes as your chosen charity please just drop me an email or give me a call.

The JustGiving page is still open for you to donate :) https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/golfmonthlyforumhfh2023

See you all again in 2024.

Regards

JC
John Carpenter
Area Fundraising Manager
Help for Heroes

07583 860 312
john.carpenter@helpforheroes.org.uk