Help for Heroes Charity Golf Day - Blackmoor Golf Club Friday 8th October 2021

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Huge thanks to Richart and all those involved in making today an amazing golfing experience.

Thanks to Stewart, Sean and Simon for great company and some laughs along the way... and even some good golf in places.

Out first meant I got nearest the pin in 2 on 2nd and nearest pin on 9th... being out first also meant both got beaten!! ?‍♂️

See you next year!

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought as this years winner I'd pop in a little post to say thank you to Rich and the team for another cracking year.

I've been attending these H4H days for almost a decade, my first being the first one hosted at West Hill.

They never disappoint, always are the best days, they're definitely the top of my golfing calender each year.

To have won is really special, I get my name on the trophy with a select few others which is nice to know I'll go down in Golf Monthly forum history!

I said to ChrisD & Mashley over breakfast this morning I didn't think I'd ever broke 36 points at the H4H days over the years, and today I go and shoot 41 points!

The wooden plaque will take pride of place in my home office. And I'll look forward to seeing my name on the trophy every year I play!

Great game from Brian, Mike and Patrick too, had a fantastic time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My first forum meet in the bag, I had a great two days. Thanks to Rich for organising today, and Dave for yesterday as well. Thanks to all the guys I played with on both days who made the rounds very enjoyable, and the lads at the curry last night as well, plus everyone I met in between. It was lovely meeting you all and putting some faces to names, and if you saw me and I didn't know who I was, I was the ginger feller with the crap beard.

Excellent couple of days and I'll see you all again soon I'm sure. (y)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Had a fantastic day once more, I put up a respectable 30 points in defence of last year's victory but was fighting the shanks a little today and yesterday too, so was happy just to put any points on the board ?

Huge thanks to @richart and everyone else involved in the organisational side of things and to Blackmoor too, what a course!

Thank you to my playing partners @Whereditgo, @AAC and Paul.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well another year and another great H4H day

It’s always great to see the old faces , some I see once a year and others more often - it was also great to see some new faces and hopefully the new faces will go to further meets

It really is the best thing about the forum and great to raise money for a superb cause

Huge thanks to Rich and his team for organising a great day and Dave for Thurs day at Camberly

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Echo all of this. Particular shout out to Dad and his team for the organising an absolute blunder yet again. Was a pleasure being drawn with you again Roger, Smiffy’s two topped tee shots on 11 and his Anecdote at lunch might even have been a better highlight than the Eagle at 18 ?

FFS! *blinder, not blunder! Although, if we’re talking about the quality of the golf…

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brilliant day as always. :D

Thanks to Richart and Vicky and all those involved for doing a great job as always. :love:

Rubbish scoring by me as always, beat my target of 20 points though! (y)

Had a very enjoyable round with Lee Yates, ChrisD and Nathan Jones (BB). It was a privilege to play with Nathan (Not so much with ChrisD). :eek:

Fair play for managing over 20 points with those butter knives you were wielding ?

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
So another year, 718 mile round trip and to the meets, 6 hrs down, 10.5hrs to get home... 16 mile traffic jam and road closed at Leicester, home at Midnight!! Next year, i will have to change my days to ensure i stay down for the night after H4H day.

Thanks @richart for organising again, incredible the amount of work you and the whole team do to organise this each year, and keeping it going after our sadly missed but never forgotten Rick left us too early!

Sorry i did scoot away, was hoping to miss the traffic <sic> probably be still on the Leicester Road if i had stayed!!

Thanks to Bratty, Wookie & Sawtooth (Simon, Simon, Sean). Was great company & craic...

See yas all next year.

Kraxx (Stu)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
First, would just like to say a bit "thank you" to Rich, Vicky and to anyone else involved for organising another fantastic H4H day.
Brilliant day at a fantastic course.
I apologise for having to disappear early. Its my wife's birthday this Sunday and our Son Nick was making his way up on a surprise visit from Wales. I wasn't quite sure what time he was arriving, and wanted to be home to see her face when he walked in the door.
Got in just after 7 and he arrived just before 8.
Great to play with my old mates Roger and Ray again, although I use the term "play" very loosely as I probably played one of my worst games ever. We were joined by John, (Aztects27), whom I hadn't seen for donkeys years, and a great laugh was had by all, mainly at my expense.
Couldn't do anything right, and on the odd occasion that I did hit a good drive I promptly blobbed the hole by topping or fatting my 2nd, 3rd or even 4th shots.
Highlight for me was witnessing Johns eagle on 18. I couldn't have been more excited if I'd done it myself.
Good to see old and new faces, hope everybody had a great time.
Again, thanks to all.
Rob

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As all the comments above well done and thanks to Rich and Crew for organising another great day.

Good fun round with my three playing partners Stu, Bratty and Sean but unfortunately not so good golf from me.

Smiffy did literally have us in tears after dinner and can’t remember the last time my head was actually hurting from laughing. I don’t think that particular anecdote will be appearing in print anytime soon though ?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I’ve been on lots of Golf days, , forum meets, society days etc but the H4H day is always a highlight and one that I look forward to,
It didn’t disappoint
Blackmoor is a fabulous course, love playing there, the organisation by Richard & Vicky was superb as always,
But the best bit was being able to meet up with a great mix of old and new faces.

Scored a reasonable 30 points, but the 5 blobs told the story, many thanks to @Old Skier His buddy Steve and our very own @SteveW86 who owes me big time.

His drive on our 10th (1st tee) which is raised up a bit, went about 60 yards into the heather,
I then hit a rocket, but on a downward trajectory, somehow hit Steve’s ball in the heather, knocked his ball some 80 yards onto the fairway, leaving mine in the clag.
there were some chuckles at that one.

I was truly humbled and honoured to receive The RickG Award jointly with little chubby bro, although I suspect it’s for tech support when Richard can’t upload a photo to the auction lists ??

Looking forward to next year already

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Rich , Vicki for an amazing day yesterday and the work they continue to do years after year. To Dave also for organising the game at Camberley. It was great to catch up with so many friends.

I loved Camberely and James, Dominc , iain and I had a great time on the course. Some of the holes there are so visually stunning and you have to really think your way around the place.

I have to say though, of all the Surrey/Hampshire heathland courses we've played over the years , if I could join any it would be Blackmoor. What a fantastic course and friendly, welcoming club. Had a great round with Imurg, PJ and next year's Blackmoor captain Kevin. The golf was steady but just a few silly mistakes each day for 32/33pts.

D

Deleted member 1740

A massive thank you to @richart and his wonderful lady Vicky for putting on a fantastic day.

Another great trip south meeting up playing 2 excellent golf courses and have a few beers afterwards was brilliant.

Apologies for shooting off early, not saying farewell and missing the auction but my chauffeur pulled rank on this one. We left at 2pm and got home just before 9pm.

Had a great day at Camberley where I carried my partner @PieMan to victory over my old pal @Duffers05 and the ever obnoxious @Liverpoolphil. Taking a 10er of him was the highlight, I think his Internet persona is better than in real life.

The main event never disappointed, well apart from my golf..... I played with Tony a Blackmoor Member, @Radbourne and @JamesR it was a pleasure.

All in all a great few days and look forward to next year's event.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Echo the sentiments thus far, excellent couple of days, excellent company on both. Nice to put new faces to names, and catch up up with others. Two good courses that have been on my list for a while. Camberley was nice but BlackMoor definitely the better of the two. Didn't play my best golf, scored very poorly yesterday, despite feeling that in general I struck the ball a lot better than at Camberley.

Special mention to PaddyC for putting up with me at dinner on Thursday night as we were both orphaned at different premier inns in Farnborough.

Good win by Adam yesterday, he's a solid player. Mike played well considering it's only his 5th round this year, he'll drop his 24 handicap back to 9 pretty quickly if he keeps playing like that and straightens his first drive. Always good to play with Pat, coincidentally the third time we've been partnered in three random forum events.

Apologies for slipping out soon after the dinner, look forward to the next time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1147

It was great to be back after a crap couple of years.
Good to see some familiar faces and to meet a few new ones.
@Radbourne2010, @Stuart_C & Tony (Blackmoor member), thanks for a cracking round of golf.
@richart youre a lucky man to be a member at Blackmoor.
Thanks to you and Vicky for organising yet another H4Hs ?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Richard and Vicky and everyone else for organising a great event for a very worthwhile cause. Had a good day on a great course with Yandabrown, NWJocko and the current club captain Dennis. If we could have hit our tee shots on the lines Dennis told us then we might have had better scores ?. My golfing highlight of the day was probably Dennis and myself both making a 2 on the tough 6th. Well done to all the winners, at least a few managed to score well.