Help/Advice - Lancashire Courses

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m off to Liverpool for a trip in Early October, we’ve currently got

Thursday - Lytham
Friday - Birkdale

Sunday - Hillside Booked

There’s 7 of us, but I’m having major issues getting on a course on the Saturday (afternoon as obviously members play most of Saturday).

I’ve tried - Formby, Delamere and others so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Fancy hosting us in the area?

Thanks a lot

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I once asked the old BM of a NBS Branch up that way to recommend a course that would allow us on a weekend on the way up to Southport..... He suggested "Ormskirk." I got dreadful abuse off the usual subjects for taking them to a course that they had never heard of. But they were singing its praises after they played it.

That was over 20 years ago and I have no recent experience of it, but it was a great foil to the other three we were playing which, spookily was the same as yours! :)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
(y) for Ormskirk too
I once asked the old BM of a NBS Branch up that way to recommend a course that would allow us on a weekend on the way up to Southport..... He suggested "Ormskirk." I got dreadful abuse off the usual subjects for taking them to a course that they had never heard of. But they were singing its praises after they played it.

That was over 20 years ago and I have no recent experience of it, but it was a great foil to the other three we were playing which, spookily was the same as yours! :)
I’ll have a look now thanks a lot

D

Deleted Member 1156

My choice would be S&A if you can get on. Hesketh might be a possibility, about 7 good holes on 1 side of the road but the others are a bit out of character.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
My choice would be S&A if you can get on. Hesketh might be a possibility, about 7 good holes on 1 side of the road but the others are a bit out of character.

Yeah can’t get on S&A mate already tried

Literally on Hesketh now, having a look.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you struggle to get on anywhere "good", after Ormskirk next level down is Grange park, Blundells hill, Houghwood.

If cant get on anywhere, our course accepts visitors of a Saturday morning and afternoon - distinctly average for your tastes though.

If your still looking for somewhere good but within an hour of Liverpool, Sandiway is a good un, Manchester GC, Bolton old links, Stockport and Preston are amongst the better ones.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Might struggle to get on Bolton old Links on. Saturday as a guest as comp tee times run into mid afternoon.

Worth an email though a like most places they will probably more open to the extra cash visitors bring

As a member though. I think it’s a cracking course. A real test imo.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really appreciate the response guys.

Email currently into Formby Ladies too

I’m a bit frustrated as every website bar a few gives Saturday/weekend visitor prices in October. Then they all come back saying we don’t take visitors.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
As secondary options, I’d look at The Manchester Golf Club and Pleasington GC. Manchester is a fantastic course. Huds on here will know more.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about Formby Hall? Again, not in the same league as the others, but relatively close.
If you are struggling, i will check our calendar at Blundells Hill as our comps are on Sunday and would be happy to host..... Drop me a pm if you want.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As secondary options, I’d look at The Manchester Golf Club and Pleasington GC. Manchester is a fantastic course. Huds on here will know more.

They’d have to tee off pretty late to get on Pleasington on a Saturday, tee sheet has been rammed for comps all the way through the season. Suppose outside chance if it’s in October