Blackpool/Lytham Trip

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Planning a trip to play Lytham, St Annes Old Links and an open at Preston October next year, just not sure where to base ourselves and what hotels are like in that area.

Looking for a decent hotel which must have parking facilities and cost less than £150 per person 3 nights B&B Sat-Tues, I am swaying towards Lytham St Annes for the parking issues and last time I went to Blackpool it was rubbish, but we would like to have some decent nightlife rather than a scene out of Cocoon. I'm also looking for a good course between Liverpool docks and Blackpool to play on a Saturday afternoon (ideally less than half an hour from Liverpool).

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are loads and loads of hotels along the promenade in St Anne's. They'd be ideal as Royal Lytham and SAOL are very close by (walking distance really if you fancy a few scoops at the club).

Pm me if you want a list of names for hotels to look at, sure you'd be able to find something amongst them all in your budget. Not far to St Anne's centre aswell for the pubs/restaurant etc.

I live here so feel free to pm me with any questions.

Missed your edit! Lytham is pretty good for a night out but it's certainly not Blackpool! Depends what you are after really.

Saturday afternoon might be difficult to get on but any of the courses in southport would be ideal. Formby Hall might be the most available?

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One idea is to wait until the November and see if Formby (not Formby hall) are still doing the £220 Sunday fourball offer, or £200 during the week.

njc1973

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys, ideally looking for a course on the way to Blackpool rather than going via Southport but could be a consideration, unfortunately the boat only gets in at 12.45 and we want to get booked in, warmed up and tee off before 2 so we don't run out of light. November is too late in the year.

Looking for a hotel within walking distance of the bar/restaurant areas in Lytham/St Annes, not looking to go clubbing but pubs with a good atmosphere for 30/40 year olds who like a few beers.