Hello

Jabba

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hello, I have been reading the forum avidly for several months and enjoy it very much. I am 45 years old and re started playing 18 months ago after a lay off of approximately 16 years. I have joined South Bradford golf club in Yorkshire and have a handicap of 26 (was at 15 before the lay off). The club is three minutes walk from home so I am getting plenty of chances to practice my shoddy short game. I'm hoping to get back to the high teens next year ( had 43 point in a bounce game last week ) Which I am confident of achieving once my game from 25-100 yards returns.
Thank you for the entertainment/education I have gleaned from the site during my months of "lurking".

P.s my real name is John

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome John. I hope you enjoy it here.

"This bounty hunter is my kind of scum: fearless and inventive."

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome. Have to say if you are scoring 43 points without a short game I don't fancy my chances against you for cash. Welcome into the light and I look forward to hearing more about your game in the months to come

flandango

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi john and welcome!

Short game will return once you find your touch around the greens. Clubs, distances etc you'll be fine with if you once played off 15. I had a 13 year lay off and after around 8 months play better than I ever did!

It won't take you long.