Hello!

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Just wanted to say introduce myself so you all know i'm not a spammer etc. Have been looking at the forum for a while and have found it really useful.

I took up golf again this summer after a 10 year gap and am completely hooked again. Can't beleive i was away for so long!

Used to play off 5, got 13 in the summer and finished the season on 10 so pretty happy with my first 5 months back.

The main thing that's struck me is how incredibly far the game has moved on technology wise in the last 10 years. I was a firm fan of the good ol Titleist tour balata when i chucked it. Love the TM Penta now.

I'm still plodding away with my beloved wilson staff progressive irons and oddysey rossie 2 putter, but i think i may have to accept that i'm stuck in a time warp and upgrade the irons in the near future.

I'm even considering a hybrid. How very modern eh. I'll be out of the nineties and into the noughties before i knows it.

oh and i may need t replace my Boom Boom 3 wood (Freddy Couples-remember?). It's like trying to hit a pin head with a cocktail stick

:p

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome, theres getting a nice number of west coasters here now. Where do you play your golf? You should get along to the arrange a game section as there is always loads of games happening.

granters

Q-School Graduate
I play at ranfurly castle just now, but am possible looking for somewhere nearer ayrshire next season. Thinking about Eastwood as it's not far. I'm really spoiled for choice, but haven't been in Ayrshire too long so haven't played many places other than my own course since i started again. Will be exploring over the winter

B

birdieman

Hi Granters, welcome, btw the noughties are 10.5 months behind us now too, we're in the decade with no name :eek:

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play at ranfurly castle just now, but am possible looking for somewhere nearer ayrshire next season. Thinking about Eastwood as it's not far. I'm really spoiled for choice, but haven't been in Ayrshire too long so haven't played many places other than my own course since i started again. Will be exploring over the winter

welcome to the forum,iang is ure man for eastwood nice fella. his favourite shot is the flop shot, just ask him :cool:

granters

Q-School Graduate
Hi Granters, welcome, btw the noughties are 10.5 months behind us now too, we're in the decade with no name :eek:

Flamin eck, you're right! 5 piece balls that laugh at you if you miss the green, a thingy that tells you how far to hit it, drivers like tea-pots with sticks coming out of them, nobbly things to make the ball go left/right/up/down, jumpers that tell you you're sweating too little/too much, ELECTRIC trolleys that work themselves......

If i wasn't already bald my hair'd fall out taking that lot in.

T

thecraw

Ran Castle? Nae luck, great lay out potential to be brilliant let down by complete and utter mismanagement, oh and enjoy ur ridiculous levy. Glad I walked out on that dump and I don't miss it one iota!