Hedgehog wheels winter testing opportunity

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I've never seen any indentations in the ground with my hedgehog wheels, maybe those that do leave indentations in the ground is because it's that soft it should be roped off anyway or should be carry only or you've got your bags stuffed to the gunnels with so much stuff that the zips are busting open displaying stuff that you'll probably never use or get out to air :smirk:

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played a flattish course last late winter where they banned electric trolleys with ordinary wheels due to conditions. My mate and I weren't wanting to carry so we decided to try their hire trolleys with hedgehogs just to see what they were like.

All I can say is "never again". We were absolutely knackered and with aching backs. Tried pulling, pushing - equally difficult. I can see why Canforshacker's battery gave up.

D

Deleted member 15344

As Need My Wedge says we have gone to recommended Hedgehog this year at the request of the greenkeeper - expect it will be compulsory in a couple years time

I have had mine for a year or so now

They are very good in frost conditions - no big build up of ice , they grip well in soft conditions and stop the trolley from skidding which helps minimise the damage on the course - they do make indentations but there is no issue with them on the course.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Robobum, Beezerk, Chaddy and Titleist3. How are you getting on with the wheels?

I used them for the first time on Sunday. I've got a powakaddy freeway titanium.

Really simple to fit, the little front wheel needs a socket and spanner but nothing arduous.

Seem to work a treat, no wheel spinning at all. Look back from where you've just come from and all that can be seen are the little dimple marks left from the hedgehog "spikes"

I only put my carry bag on it this time and the front wheel was rubbing against something, sounding like the days when I pegged a playing card onto the spokes of my grifter to make the same noise. I'm hoping it was brushing against the bag - Tour bag going on this week for better test. 👍

Chaddy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Robobum, Beezerk, Chaddy and Titleist3. How are you getting on with the wheels?

I'd 100% recommend them. Easy to fit and work a treat, my course is wet at the moment so would have been carrying otherwise! Had a number of people asking me about them too as it's the first set they've seen like them.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
They're awesome, as above really, front wheel is permanent (ish) but the side wheels just clip in like normal. I saw a fella with those winter wheels which have kind of holes in them, they were clagged up like billy ho, mine were clean as a whistle and grass friendly unlike my mud dragging friend.