Has anyone tried any of the new drivers?

Teebs

Visit site
Around 100mph. The G430 does produce a high ball speed. Tested the 4 Hybrid against my old Callaway Apex UW and the Ping was +10mph..

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have unearthed an issue with the G430 driver and fairway....
When I take the club back the weight and the weight pod at the back of the clubhead snag the ground
This twists the head, stutters the backswing and the brain goes into panic mode....
It's me..it's the way I take the club back...it's the way I've always taken the club back...low and slow.
I've tried hovering the clubhead and that just fills me with more anxiety than leaping into the Lion's cage at the zoo....
I don't know where I go from here but I had to use the old Callaways today........
Thinking cap on....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When I take the club back the weight and the weight pod at the back of the clubhead snag the ground
This twists the head, stutters the backswing and the brain goes into panic mode....
It's me..it's the way I take the club back...it's the way I've always taken the club back...low and slow.
I've tried hovering the clubhead and that just fills me with more anxiety than leaping into the Lion's cage at the zoo....
I don't know where I go from here but I had to use the old Callaways today........
Thinking cap on....
Didn't notice anything when trying my new driver today.
Are your tees a bit hairy at the moment?

Imurg

Visit site
Didn't notice anything when trying my new driver today.
Are your tees a bit hairy at the moment?
Not especially
It's not something I noticed during the fit but I went to the range this morning having realised the problem during the week and it snags on the mats too...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thinking cap on....
Is it different from the 425 ?
I never noticed this

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know that's not what you are asking but the 430 sounds good whereas the 425 sounds horrible.
Horrible headcover!
Yes I have tried one the sound is better.
havnt seen the covers but at the price I would expect a nice one.

just looked online and they look identical at the back.
I had no problem with the 430.

Imurg

Visit site
Without the club in my hand I couldn't tell you....it may be the reason....not a big thinker about the swing...just set up and hit it....

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thinking cap on....

Take of the weight and file it a little on the bottom back edge to round it. Less square and it might be less probe to snagging. Weight loss will be immaterial.

Big85

Visit site
I’m yet to use my new g430 driver!! I’ve had it two weeks but due to injury I haven’t hit it 😢😢 hoping to get out back end of this week if my back is feeling up to it. Very annoying when getting a new club

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Oooh.....now will you look at that....interesting.
Talked to my fitter this morning and I'm going in Thursday to check things out.
He's more than happy to swap to another make if necessary...
What's your ball position like?
If its too forward this could be why, I've noticed I do this if I have the ball too far outside my left foot.

Imurg

Visit site
What's your ball position like?
If its too forward this could be why, I've noticed I do this if I have the ball too far outside my left foot.
It could be that...but the way I do it works - seemingly not with a Ping mind you - and, having historically been a poor driver, I dont want to mess too much with it...
I'll see what the fitter says on Thursday.