Has anyone tried any of the new drivers?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Tried the new stealth vs my OG stealth, both the non-plus versions. Only difference I could find was cosmetic. The new one looks nice but I actually prefer my older matt version, new one is quite glossy

TigerBear

Visit site
Tried the new stealth vs my OG stealth, both the non-plus versions. Only difference I could find was cosmetic. The new one looks nice but I actually prefer my older matt version, new one is quite glossy

Tried the Stealth 2 at American Golf at the weekend.

Absolutely no difference to its previous model. I even prefer the aesthetics of last season's :LOL:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What's your ball position like?
If its too forward this could be why, I've noticed I do this if I have the ball too far outside my left foot.
Yes I thought this.
if the ball is forward and you put the club behind the ball at adress the bottom of your arc is at the back of the club.
so if you have your hands level with your armpit it can snag.
The back channel where the weight moves is quite sharp and I can see this happening if you have a very low backswing.

sjw

Visit site
Apparently it's not uncommon for the opposite reaction to a soft/stiff shaft..
A softer shaft should go left but with some people it does go right and vice versa..
Just shows that we all swing it differently.

Depends where the fastest point of your swing is, Shirley?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Back from the studio.....the fitter was also able to snag the back of the club on the mat
It's the amount I drop the right shoulder at address....but he didn't want to mess with a method that works..so..
We tried the new Mizuno ST-Z 230
And....................
No snagging
And....................
Better than the G430

So it's on order...straight swap and he'll sell the G430
Everybody's happy..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Popped into Culcabock on the way home and borrowed a ping G30 driver, they didn't have the heavy reg shaft to just going to try the stiff tour 65g. Going to hit some balls with it this afternoon and use it in the comp tomorrow.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Back from the studio.....the fitter was also able to snag the back of the club on the mat
It's the amount I drop the right shoulder at address....but he didn't want to mess with a method that works..so..
We tried the new Mizuno ST-Z 230
And....................
No snagging
And....................
Better than the G430

So it's on order...straight swap and he'll sell the G430
Everybody's happy..
What shaft did you get?

Mizuno up here don't even have the fitting kits yet let alone being able to get one😂

Big85

Visit site
Well after finally being able to get out and use my new g430 driver I have to say I’m very impressed!! The ball comes off the face like a bullet.. I was defo gaining extra yards than my previous driver. Shot dispersion seemed a lot better too.. 😁

Jamie23

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well after finally being able to get out and use my new g430 driver I have to say I’m very impressed!! The ball comes off the face like a bullet.. I was defo gaining extra yards than my previous driver. Shot dispersion seemed a lot better too.. 😁

What were you using before the Ping G430?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried the Paradym a few weeks ago and didn’t like it.
But tried the X version today with the Hzrdus silver 5.5 50g shaft.
OMG straight as a die and about 25 yds longer than my G425.
might be the lighter shaft helping my ailing speed but less spin keeps it a bit lower, but so easy to swing.
Having another go later in the week but if it preforms like that again it’s going in the bag.
Had an Epic years ago and liked that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Popped into Culcabock on the way home and borrowed a ping G30 driver, they didn't have the heavy reg shaft to just going to try the stiff tour 65g. Going to hit some balls with it this afternoon and use it in the comp tomorrow.
The 65g tour stiff didn't work at all for me, in fact way shorter than my M2. Luckily I didn't use it in the ND comp on Saturday. Might try and borrow one with the heavy reg this week, but judging by the forcaste it's wet and windy all week, so maybe not😁

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tried the Paradym a few weeks ago and didn’t like it.
But tried the X version today with the Hzrdus silver 5.5 50g shaft.
OMG straight as a die and about 25 yds longer than my G425.
might be the lighter shaft helping my ailing speed but less spin keeps it a bit lower, but so easy to swing.
Having another go later in the week but if it preforms like that again it’s going in the bag.
Had an Epic years ago and liked that.
If it works for you great, must be well suited to you.
Surprised that the Paradym X is lower spinning.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Been meaning to post this for a while.

Purchased my new G430 SFT a couple weeks back which I detailed about in this thread.

Ive hit a total of around 200 balls with it on the range and played a total of 8 holes with it on the course during competition (6 of them blobs)

Seems like I’ve gone from one extreme to the other (big misses to the left). What I will say is my G425 Max beats my G430 in pretty much every department when on the range and on the course.

When I connect well with it on the range I am 15 yards shorter than the G425. The apex is very high and seems like I am getting so much more spin. I have always played my G425 with a 11o loft. I have tuned down my G430 from 10.5 down to 9 to try and get the lower ball flight to gain distance, to no avail. I have even swapped my G425 shaft (5 grams lighter) into my G430 to see if that would help with distance and ball flight - with no improvement.

It’s got to the point where my confidence with it was completely shot and opted to leave it in the car, which brings me to a revisit at the belfry tomorrow where I got fitted. People have said I need to get used to it and persevere, but what I am seeing is zero improvement in any department from my previous driver.

Will see what my options are tomorrow but cannot help but think I have just wasted a lot of money. Live and learn.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

Purchased my new G430 SFT a couple weeks back which I detailed about in this thread.

Ive hit a total of around 200 balls with it on the range and played a total of 8 holes with it on the course during competition (6 of them blobs)

Seems like I’ve gone from one extreme to the other (big misses to the left). What I will say is my G425 Max beats my G430 in pretty much every department when on the range and on the course.

When I connect well with it on the range I am 15 yards shorter than the G425. The apex is very high and seems like I am getting so much more spin. I have always played my G425 with a 11o loft. I have tuned down my G430 from 10.5 down to 9 to try and get the lower ball flight to gain distance, to no avail. I have even swapped my G425 shaft (5 grams lighter) into my G430 to see if that would help with distance and ball flight - with no improvement.

It’s got to the point where my confidence with it was completely shot and opted to leave it in the car, which brings me to a revisit at the belfry tomorrow where I got fitted. People have said I need to get used to it and persevere, but what I am seeing is zero improvement in any department from my previous driver.

Will see what my options are tomorrow but cannot help but think I have just wasted a lot of money. Live and learn.
You got fitted for it, right?
And at the fitting you felt it was an improvement on the G425 Max, right?
Put the fitted shaft back in the G430 SFT, put the loft back to whatever the fitter gave you, and just hit the thing and trust it.
The G430 SFT will go left more than the G425 Max, because of the fixed weight and head weight. It's designed to. It's meant to take the right side out of play.
So just get used to trusting it and you'll make it work.
Good luck.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

The sft is a higher spinning driver than the max. I had a g30 sft. It was a great fairway finder but went nowhere especially into the wind.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
You got fitted for it, right?
And at the fitting you felt it was an improvement on the G425 Max, right?
Put the fitted shaft back in the G430 SFT, put the loft back to whatever the fitter gave you, and just hit the thing and trust it.
The G430 SFT will go left more than the G425 Max, because of the fixed weight and head weight. It's designed to. It's meant to take the right side out of play.
So just get used to trusting it and you'll make it work.
Good luck.

This is what the fitter pretty much said.

I’ve hit enough balls now to know it’s zero improvement on my g425 max. I am now having to change my swing path in order to hit a straight ball. My normal swing will hook the ball 75 yards offline. Surely if this was the right fitting I wouldn’t have to change anything in regards to my swing.

Also, because I’ve been fitted for SFT it almost feels like I’ve gone 1 step forward and 2 steps back. It’s constantly going to be designed for someone with a negative club / path. What happens when I improve my game? I’ll need to then upgrade to the G430 max?

The sft is a higher spinning driver than the max. I had a g30 sft. It was a great fairway finder but went nowhere especially into the wind.

This is pretty disappointing and something I was completely unaware of during my fitting. And one thing I put it down to was how old and used the range balls were compared to the range balls I use at my club. At minimum I was expecting it to travel as far as my previous driver. Being so many yards shorter every drive makes tears roll down my face.