Has anyone tried any of the new drivers?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Mizuno won't be much cheaper though. Why not get the G425 in the same shaft? Won't be much in it, but there'll be a difference in the price!
Who knows, I'm surly tempted, but keep seeing rave reviews of the mizuno, so waiting a few weeks isn't going kill me.
Will also have to wait for special permission to buy a ping as I'm not yet over 60?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
One of my mates was in the slot before me and ordered one on the spot, also a significant increase in distance, he'd been fitted by Scott Goulay only a few years ago
But... but... has he had pro or self-improved swing changes? Is he better now than a few years ago? ?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But...but....fitting is a con.....all shafts are the same......;)
The impression that they make a differenct probably comes from drawing conclusions from a few cracks at a given combination. Given the typical standard deviation without changing chaft or head setup, no conclusion on variation can be drawn from less than 25 shots with the same setup. And even that is very rough. 100+ gives more solid ground. But at that point the truth that the performances converge comes out...;)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried the Ping G430 max today.
missed two fairways ,just.
lower flight than 425.
noise is muted.
looks very nice.
distance the same but with the lower flight I think it will roll out more than my 425 in summer.
can I justify £459 for a new driver given my old one is still pretty good.
not really but the lads recon I will have one by the end of the month.

The 425s are still going for good prices on eBay so they might be correct

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Tried the Ping G430 max today.
missed two fairways ,just.
lower flight than 425.
noise is muted.
looks very nice.
distance the same but with the lower flight I think it will roll out more than my 425 in summer.
can I justify £459 for a new driver given my old one is still pretty good.
not really but the lads recon I will have one by the end of the month.

The 425s are still going for good prices on eBay so they might be correct
Look at the cost to change....if you can get 300 or more for your 425 it makes it a little easier to justify....
Picked up my 430 driver this afternoon....in the bag formthe first shot tomorrow - what could possibly go wrong..?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Look at the cost to change....if you can get 300 or more for your 425 it makes it a little easier to justify....
Picked up my 430 driver this afternoon....in the bag formthe first shot tomorrow - what could possibly go wrong..?
Hopefully a lot! 😝🤣

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just close your eyes and smash it ;)

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Fitted for a G430 SFT last night which I should hopefully be picking up in the next week. The correction it makes to my slice/fade was pretty astonishing so very happy I got fitted. Also got some free rounds at the belfry with it so it was a no brainer.

It’s replacing my G425 max which was purchased off the shelf 2 years ago. The fitter explained that my shaft was suited for a pensioner?

Will be a huge difference to my game no doubt. Feels like it’s impossible to slice.

Would anyone be interested in my Ping G425 max as there has to be a few pensioners on here lol

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
not drivers, but had a fitting this morning to fill the gap between 4 iron and driver, plus something that will stop quite quickly into greens.

Hit all the new stuff but the stealth 2 was the standout. A new 7 wood and 4 hybrid are on order and should arrive in a couple of weeks.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Fitted for a G430 SFT last night which I should hopefully be picking up in the next week. The correction it makes to my slice/fade was pretty astonishing so very happy I got fitted. Also got some free rounds at the belfry with it so it was a no brainer.

It’s replacing my G425 max which was purchased off the shelf 2 years ago. The fitter explained that my shaft was suited for a pensioner?

Will be a huge difference to my game no doubt. Feels like it’s impossible to slice.

Would anyone be interested in my Ping G425 max as there has to be a few pensioners on here lol

Why dont you throw it into the pot for your next round, you like a bet dont you?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Had a look at the new drivers in AG yesterday. Didn’t hit any, but was surprised that the Callaway was the best looking of the bunch and sat the best behind the ball to my eye. I’ve not like the look of a Callaway driver since the Steelhead 2.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Report should be in by 3pm😋
Well......
The fitting was accurate
I got a reduction in spin, an increase in ball speed and launch...
And it really does go 20 yards further than my old one, straighter too..in the summer this thing is going miles....
The first 2 drives were hooks, mainly down to poor swings because...I admit it, I was nervous:oops:
2nd 2 went straight right - over-compensation...
The next 6 were bullet straight , high and long.
CVG was most unimpressed and demanded I take it back.....
Think it's a keeper.....;)
Only downside is the head cover - a bit flimsy and not the easiest to get on and take off....a bit cheap I suppose.