Hang this weather...

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, it was lashing it down last evening, and blowing a hooly, so when I got up, how good was it to see no rain and the trees waving gently, rather than bent double?

So how come by the time I'm out of the shower and wedged into my golf trews, is the rain back battering the windows?

To quote The Clash - should I stay or should I go now...

Hope the weather where you are lets you get out.

B

birdieman

As long as it's not busy so you can keep moving quickly I'd go.
However if you end up hanging around waiting on every hole as five 4balls in front of you faff about with umbrellas and waterproof trousers then give it a miss!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've been up since 6.30 and we've had 3 heavy squalls come over already - inbetween its fine, light wind and clear. Then the Apocalypse appears over the horizon!!

Going to try the range tomorrow as its supposed to be a calmer - good luck to anyone trying to play today.

Me and Fragger bailed out yesterday - heavy rain all day. Course was open but they advised us not to bother!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ah well....

A total of eight eventually turned up for the swindle. We managed to get in 3/4 of a hole before a scarily close blast of lightning and the heavens opened again, and the greens became a habitat for trout. Course closed for the day

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played this morning. Rain started about half an hour after we finished so got lucky I think.

If was quite windy though which made it interesting to say the least, and driving straight into the low sun means you have to guess where it's gone from the feeling off the club.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Waterproofs, bobble hat,mittens, brolley, water down the back of the neck, wet socks, shoes that take a week to dry out, usually poor scores....IS IT WORTH IT? Not for me it isn't. :(

SharkAttack

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Played a charity gig today, Texas scramble. Team had a net 55.8 and we won, whoopee!!!!!!!

It was so warm in East Kilbride that the clouds were sweating profusely. Hmmmmm come to think of it maybe that was rain, not really used to rain in Scotland :D :D :D :D

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Clear skies though a bit windy today. Torrential rain started just as I was coming down the 18th so managed to get a full round in. Lucky I guess as forecast was awful and expected to get up, look out the window and go straight back to bed this morning.

Danny1982

Hacker
Visit site
Been shocking here all morning and didnt get much better through the day. Wouldnt have minded but there was no West Brom game today so it would have had a nice free and easy day rather than rushing about to be on my way to football.

And i really need to get some practice in for an up coming society day im hoping to attend :(

the worst part of it all... its been near perfect golfing weather most of the week while ive been stuck at work

something makes me think that god hates golfers :D

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Driving rain and 35mph winds today. Course was open and playable despite torrential rain all last night. Managed 18 points on the front 9 in the worst of it. Back nine, the wind dropped, the rain stopped....15 points....go figure!!! :D

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
We got out this morning, needless to say the car park was virtually deserted.

Highest gusts were at 60 knots, so it was a little windy, and the horizontal lashing rain!

Completed 9 holes as it was just grim. It did brighten up as we were coming off, but the wind made it all a bit of a lottery. Still nice to get out though. To take some positives from it, my short game was holding up very well. We won't mention the teeing off though!

I have got to hand it to the Galvins though. Kept me bone dry, as did the waterproof socks.

Here's looking forward to next weekend.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was due to go for a lesson this morning but suffering a few gastro problems so forced to cancel. I'm hoping to get a knock tomorrow when the weather is due to be a bit better. Went to the club this afternoon to check if it was open and whether hedgehogs were in operation and it was open without restrictions or temps

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dread to think what it'll be like tomorrow morning. The garden furniture is all over the lawn. The cars are covered in 2" of leaves and I can barely get to the end of the drive without getting soaked and blown onto next doors drive.

I'll play though. I won £20 two weeks back coming 2nd in div 1 with 29 points.....***** the scores were bad in the 40 mph winds.