Handicap

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
My question was why was the 3rd card on OP (dated 25/9/11) not handed in.
The final card (27/9/11) was adjusted to 91 so initial handicap should have been 23. Does your handicap committee know what it is doing?

Two cards justifying 24 and one justifying 23 should not result in awarding a handicap of 28.

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Thanks for your comments, I played in the comp yesterday.. finished 3rd and been cut to 27.2 so I have no doubt my handicap will drop fast however I think it's unfair on other members, not a lot I can do when the Secretary has given it too me, Fair enough my score does equal my 28 handicap but not when its reduced to double bogeys per hole.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes there is something you can do. You can ask politely how he arrived at a handicap of 28. Why are players very often reluctant to ask club officials or committee members perfectly reasonable questions? They need to be able to justify their actions to the ordinary fee-paying member.

benjamin

Club Champion
Visit site
Nice one on your first comp Ian! It seems like not all clubs follow CONGU exactly, we are both an example of this...i see myself off around 24 but i had a good knock for 3rd card +24 gross but with a few triple/quad bogies it adjusted to 18 and i got 17! your club seems to have gone the other way with yours, if your not happy mate i would discuss your concerns with the handicap sec. and get it brought down a few shots if possible, im sure he will fully understand your reasoning.