Handicap

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Well I have joined my first club.. Done 3 rounds but only 2 signed and handed in for handicap but if we went on the 3 I have done what would my handicap be...

opmlu8.png

2rpyxc8.png

142es12.png

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Adjusting down to double bogies at worst, looks like the bottom card would be the best and give you a 21 handicap assuming the standard scratch is 69 in line with the par

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
You just can't wait can you Ian? :D :D :D

Was wondering what it would be earlier. 21's not a bad starting handicap mate. Just keep to it and better it whenever you can. ;)

No mate I can't wait I am an eager beaver ;) I am happy with 21 to start with was expecting 24/25 will find out as putting my 3rd card in Wednesday Hopefully

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
83% of fairways hit??

Thats some driving statistic there, looks like that driver is behaving itself for you anyway :D

benjamin

Club Champion
Visit site
Congrats Ian on joining your first club and probably getting a decent handicap you're happy with!

I dont wanna highjack your thread mate but seemed pointless spamming another similar one?

Im just joining my first club and being fasttracked to get in in time for winter league with my buddy who joined a few days before me. Having put my first 2 cards in and playing my 3rd round to be counted today with the handicap secretary i was wondering how they calculate new handicaps, so your timely thread has educated me! Is this the same for all clubs? i ask as in my friends interview they asked what he thought he would hit at the new club and he said 12...they said they will probably play him off around 10 if thats the case...

I am out of form and practice atm and my first 2 cards were 105 and 101 so depending how i hit i am expecting 28, does that mean they will put me off 26 using the same theory they mentioned to my friend?

Oh and i like how you have displayed your cards on the thread...may i ask how you have done this please?

Hope you keep driving well! :)

IanLeeds

Assistant Pro
Congrats Ian on joining your first club and probably getting a decent handicap you're happy with!

I dont wanna highjack your thread mate but seemed pointless spamming another similar one?

Im just joining my first club and being fasttracked to get in in time for winter league with my buddy who joined a few days before me. Having put my first 2 cards in and playing my 3rd round to be counted today with the handicap secretary i was wondering how they calculate new handicaps, so your timely thread has educated me! Is this the same for all clubs? i ask as in my friends interview they asked what he thought he would hit at the new club and he said 12...they said they will probably play him off around 10 if thats the case...

I am out of form and practice atm and my first 2 cards were 105 and 101 so depending how i hit i am expecting 28, does that mean they will put me off 26 using the same theory they mentioned to my friend?

Oh and i like how you have displayed your cards on the thread...may i ask how you have done this please?

Hope you keep driving well! :)

Hi Ben,

No worries about hijacking my thread ;) as far as I am aware if they were to give you an "unfair" handicap IE one you have not achieved they would be ripping you off? All handicaps should be worked out as CONGU set it in their handicap rules and all clubs should work off the same handicap structure, which people have pointed out is your best card reduced holes down to double bogey.. so my best card so far is 21 therefore I should have a 21 handicap

Oh and I score on my iPhone using an app called GolfShot which is GPS/Scorecard and gives you ariel pics of hole too

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The golfshot can also be downloaded for free. The lite version lacks the gps but records your scores and analyse them for you fairways, putts and gir etc.

benjamin

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Ian, Thanks for understanding me not wanting to start another thread mate and the info! ;)

My mrs has an Iphone but is unlikely to lend it me for golf lol, perhaps i will get myself one.

I played my 3rd round today with the handicap secretary and played much better, hitting 7 pars but lots of triples too.
This card is the one they counted as it was 94 gross compared with 101/105 on the others, counting the bad holes back to doubles i ended with 88, the course is par 70 so 18 over, i have been given a handicap of 17, he explained that he has done this so i dont look like a bandit if i have a great round in the winter league wich starts next week and set a bad impression with existing members and he believes i will play to it anyway in the future with better course knowledge and playing more regularly, he also explained that my handicap is what i am expected to play to at best and not an average as i had wrongly assumed so i accept his reasoning. Just a bit daunting as i was expecting 26 orso haha, oh well the only way is up in 0.1 increments! :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Looks like 21, which is pretty good. Looking at the number of 3 putts, once you get used to the greens you'll be into the teens pretty quickly.

Good luck

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I was given a 28 handicap from my 3 cards, I shot 97 today par 69 so 28 would make me level par, although some of the members say I should be playing off 20

Can't see where 28 came from. Your adjusted scores from the first 2 cards are both 92 against SSS of 68 which gives a 24 handicap and the third (which I don't know if it was submitted) would be adjusted to 90, giving a handicap of 22.