Handicap question

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I gave up my membership last year so did not return three cards. I'm guessing I will need to submit three cards to reactivate just wondering whether my old handicap would be taken into consideration and if so how.

Would quite like to pick up where I left off (unless by some miracle not playing for a year has made me a better player) is that possible?

Thanks in advance

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I gave up my membership last year so did not return three cards. I'm guessing I will need to submit three cards to reactivate just wondering whether my old handicap would be taken into consideration and if so how.

Would quite like to pick up where I left off (unless by some miracle not playing for a year has made me a better player) is that possible?

Thanks in advance

not 100% sure but i imagine if its within a year you will just get the same handicap if you go back to your old club.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

relevant dates and time periods are from the date your membership ceased and the date your new membership started (regardless of whether it's the same club or not).

within 6 months your old handicap would be reactivated at it's previous status ie if you had a (c) handicap it would be reactivated as a (c)

within 1 year it would be reactivated as a non (c) handicap

beyond 1 year the level of your previous handicap, and when you held it etc, would be taken into account (don't ask how 'cos it's an art at that point!) along with the 3 cards (or more as required by your new club) when allocating a new handicap.

if it was the same club, exactly 1 membership year missed and no obvious reasons otherwise (medical etc) I would expect them to consider that within the spirit of 'within 1 year'.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I've just had my 12.5 handicap reactivated by handing 3 cards in at Cooden.
It was "inactive" for a similar amount of time as yours.
My first two cards were pants, so I went out to 12.7 but the third one was good so now back down to 11.8 "active".
Hope that helps.

Tiger

Money List Winner
Ok so I've handed in my three cards. All poor but showing a marked improvement 115 - 107 - 99 as I'm getting things back together again so hoping I'll just go up 0.3 on my last hcap...

Thanks everyone :thup:

Tiger

Money List Winner
Good luck with that and keep shaving 8 shots off at a time! 91 83 75. ;)

:) :thup: I honestly think that 91 next time out is on the cards. I was +14 for 14 holes yesterday but had a few little lapses on the other 4. In that +14 included a 7 on a par 5 where I aimed to lay up just short of the green but creamed it into the greenside bunker for 2 and then took 3 to get out :eek: