Handicap question

Garesfield ACE

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi folks

My question is about handicaps.Is it only official competitions where a player can get a handicap adjustment?

The reason I ask is in the April Midweek Medal at my club the comp was 'abandoned' due to lack of numbers.Me and my pal didnt no this until the next day after we played.

The handicap secretary asked me if I still wanted my score recorded so being unsure what to do I just said the 'polite' thing and said yeah.I then got a 0.1 adjustment against me.Is this situation is whats called a Supplementary Card?

If thats the case whats to stop a player putting one of these cards in an ordinary non comp round with his pals as thats what the game ended up that day with the comp being stopped?

Cheers

Kev

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi folks

My question is about handicaps.Is it only official competitions where a player can get a handicap adjustment?

The reason I ask is in the April Midweek Medal at my club the comp was 'abandoned' due to lack of numbers.Me and my pal didnt no this until the next day after we played.

The handicap secretary asked me if I still wanted my score recorded so being unsure what to do I just said the 'polite' thing and said yeah.I then got a 0.1 adjustment against me.Is this situation is whats called a Supplementary Card?

If thats the case whats to stop a player putting one of these cards in an ordinary non comp round with his pals as thats what the game ended up that day with the comp being stopped?

Cheers

Kev

I think your Handicap Sec has got it wrong.. CONGU lays down the rules where a competition is abandoned for any valid reason. Assuming that lack of numbers is a valid reason for abandonment, these are the rules:

1. CSS equals SSS.
2. Nett differential less than zero - appropriate reduction.
3. Nett differential zero and above - no increase.

This has nothing at all to do with Supplementaries - a Supplementary round has to be registered in advance of playing the round and the card must be submitted and can lead to increase, reduction or no change.