Handicap Question

das

Hacker
Visit site
Playing my first midweek medal of the year this week. Question is my handicapp has come down from last season to 22, but what happens if i have a nightmare round and score over 100 !
What is the maximum they can put your handicap up? Would it be better to N/R ? Hope this makes sense

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing my first midweek medal of the year this week. Question is my handicapp has come down from last season to 22, but what happens if i have a nightmare round and score over 100 !
What is the maximum they can put your handicap up? Would it be better to N/R ? Hope this makes sense

It will only go up 0.1 regardless of whether you miss by one stroke or 30 or NR.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
good question. Usually they are either ill and walk off or playing pants/weather is pants and they can't hack it (done this once as it was launching it down)

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Why do people N/R if your handicap only goes up 0.1 ?

Could be a combination of factors. Maybe don't finish one hole due to a complete disaster, maybe too embarrassed to allow the final tally to become public knowledge, maybe unable to finish the round.

I NR'd recently for the first time ever; I was probably too unwell to play and my timing went completely. After sclaffing it up to the green at one hole in far too many shots I duffed a chip and managed to double-hit the ball in the process. I picked my ball up in frustration/disgust without even thinking about it.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

another eason if your playing pants 2 holes to go and lose a ball without hitting a provsional do you want that long walk back to reload? a personal thing some people will want to score regardless other just think to hell with it and dont complete round properly.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
a personal thing some people will want to score regardless other just think to hell with it and dont complete round properly.

Yes, I agree. I like to finish a hole in medal and would always take a provisional just in case.

PS - Just noticed your home club - beautiful! Played there a while back, enjoyed it v much. Those tees "off the course" can be a bit intimidating....

7 iron to 10 foot on the 7th compared with a 7 on one of the par 4s. Nice par 5 (15th? too)

scored 35 points, so must have been 13 over.....

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Some people still cling to the mistaken belief that you don’t go up 0.1 if you N/R.
Other more cunning golfers will, if they have a disaster hole late on in an otherwise potentially handicap-reducing medal round, forget to putt out on the remaining holes – their mindset being that, if they’re not going to win anything, they’re not going to be chopped.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
PS - Just noticed your home club - beautiful! Played there a while back, enjoyed it v much. Those tees "off the course" can be a bit intimidating....

7 iron to 10 foot on the 7th compared with a 7 on one of the par 4s. Nice par 5 (15th? too)

scored 35 points, so must have been 13 over.....

yes i agree it is a very nice course glad you enjoyed it too, i monly joined last june had a few rounds locally after decided to rejoin a club and decided by about the 3rd it was the best for me.
i like the off course par 3's but a lot dont like the 11th and 15 is a very nice hole.