Solo Golf & Handicap

DrGolfer

Visit site
After a few months of play I’ve joined a club. During the last few months I’ve been an iGolf member and registered enough scores playing around multiple golf courses where I have friends nearby that were free to play a round to get a handicap.

Now I don’t have a regular playing partner and mainly play solo at my new club. From what I understand from the rules you can’t submit a score for handicap purposes if you are playing solo.

What would you recommend I do to maintain an accurate handicap? I play 2-3 times a week but normally during the quietest times midweek with the least people around (I have helpful work hours or not depends on your perspective).

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Find out when the swindles/roll ups/fiddles are at the club and join one of them. You should find some members that will be happy for you to join them on a regular (or even casual) basis to play a few rounds. When you get more confident sign up for a few competitions and your circle of potential partners will expand even more.
More importantly, just enjoy it ?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
After a few months of play I’ve joined a club. During the last few months I’ve been an iGolf member and registered enough scores playing around multiple golf courses where I have friends nearby that were free to play a round to get a handicap.

Now I don’t have a regular playing partner and mainly play solo at my new club. From what I understand from the rules you can’t submit a score for handicap purposes if you are playing solo.

What would you recommend I do to maintain an accurate handicap? I play 2-3 times a week but normally during the quietest times midweek with the least people around (I have helpful work hours or not depends on your perspective).

Have a word with the golf pro. Ours will know who is welcoming to new members and help set up times.

Jason.H

Visit site
I joined a new club little over a year ago and I started adding to 2/3 balls on the online booking system. Many you will want to play with again and 1 or 2 you might not ?. I’ve met lots of really good people and 1 or 2 now book me in on their regular Saturday/Sunday mornings. On the whole most golfers won’t mind you joining them and marking a card for you.