Handicap Issue

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:D:D:D I made the conscious decision to reschedule our comps so we had nothing in the diary for 2 weeks before the end of October and nothing for a week afterwards. My confidence is somewhat less than Jims!!!

All players have to start sometime

It will be the first comp for players under the new rules whatever the date is chosen for the first comp.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The handicap is now inactive
It seems that may have caused some confusion.
The terms 'active' and 'inactive' relate to an old terminology. The current (ie upto 2 Nov) terms are 'competition' and 'non-competition'. The latter word in both cases meaning you hadn't returned 3 qualifying scores in the last calendar year. Clubs often use the 'c' (or old 'active') status to define eligibility for certain competitions.
It all goes after Nov 2nd

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
It seems that may have caused some confusion.
The terms 'active' and 'inactive' relate to an old terminology. The current (ie upto 2 Nov) terms are 'competition' and 'non-competition'. The latter word in both cases meaning you hadn't returned 3 qualifying scores in the last calendar year. Clubs often use the 'c' (or old 'active') status to define eligibility for certain competitions.
It all goes AWAY after Nov 2nd

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tend to assume that when someone talks about an "inactive handicap" they haven't quite caught up with the times and mean they have lost competition status - and that includes people who should know better! And it's quite possible it was someone who should know better that gave the OP the term.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I too am still keeping an eye on ours. Our last comp with the old rules is 30th October.

Our first comp with the new rules is acually on the 2nd November . Will be interesting to say the least I have already had to advise the organiser to change the stroke allowance.
When you say change the stroke allowance how does it differ from as it is at the moment? ie I’m 17 h/c and get a ‘shot’ on index 1-17

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you say change the stroke allowance how does it differ from as it is at the moment? ie I’m 17 h/c and get a ‘shot’ on index 1-17

% of Course Handicap Allowed
Common Formats

Individual stroke play
95%
Individual Stableford
95%
Four-ball stroke play
85%
Four-ball stableford
85%
Individual match play
100%
Four-ball match play
90%
Occasional Formats

Best 1 of 4 stroke play
75%
Best 2 of 4 stroke play
85%
Best 3 of 4 stroke play
100%
All 4 of 4 stroke play
100%
Foursomes
50% of combined team handicap
Greensomes
60% Low handicap + 40% high handicap
Scramble (4 players)
25%/20%/15%/10% from lowest to highest handicap
Scramble (2 players)
35% Low / 15% High
+ Other Formats

Last edited:

Jimbof

Visit site
@jim8flog - just to advise that the 4 BBB Matchplay is 90% not 95%. That changed after the EG presentations earlier in the year - the Rules of Handicapping manual has the correct one (it's the only change).

Jim

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
@jim8flog - just to advise that the 4 BBB Matchplay is 90% not 95%. That changed after the EG presentations earlier in the year - the Rules of Handicapping manual has the correct one (it's the only change).

Jim
Thanks

I copied from the original , now edited. At least in the club we have posted the one from the WHS presentation

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Somewhere along the line, I saw a reference to allowances for a 3-man scramble. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Yeah, I've been looking for this & thought I'd seen it somewhere. Can't think of any reason for them to drop it.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site