Handicap calculation

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know from on here handicap calculations are based on stableford points and css but how do they calculate going from one category to the next when cutting as the cut factor changes?

IE cat 4 players like myself get cut 0.4 every shot under, cat 3 are 0.3 and so on.

So what happens when you are say 21.5 and get cut 2 strokes- is it 2 X 0.4 to 20.7? Or 1 X 0.4 then 1 X 0.3 so 20.8

Or in other words if you're on 21.1 is it 0.4 or 0.3 if you're cut 1 stroke?

D

Deleted member 16999

Cut in Cat, so 20.5 or 20.6 you'll be cut 0.4
ie, i was 4 under CSS at our place playing off 13, I was cut 0.3, to 12.7, 0.3 to 12.4, then 0.2 to 12.2 and finally 0.2 to 12.0.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
at 20.5 or 20.6 you will be cut 0.4, this stands until your playing handicap gets into the next category (ie once you are 20.4 you are playing off 20 your in cat 3 and only be cut 0.3 per shot under)

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It does not change during a calculation.

The most interesting handicap calculations happen across two or more round competitions, like 36 hole club champs etc.

You retain your handicap until the competition is over, even if you shoot under it in the first round.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

The most interesting handicap calculations happen across two or more round competitions, like 36 hole club champs etc.

You retain your handicap until the competition is over, even if you shoot under it in the first round.

you do but it is changed for handicap calculations

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
yes it does

This, will paste from the manual here:

20.7 When a player’s handicap is to be reduced so that it goes from a higher HandicapCategory to a lower Handicap Category, it must be reduced at the rate appropriate to thehigher Category only so far as brings his Playing Handicap into the lower HandicapCategory and the balance of the reduction shall be at the rate appropriate to the lowerHandicap Category.

For Example:If a player with an Exact Handicap of 21.2 returns a score with Nett Differential of -6 i.e. 6 strokesbelow his Playing Handicap of 21, his Exact Handicap is reduced as follows: 21.2 - (2 x 0.4) = 20.4 20.4 - (4 x 0.3) = 19.2

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Unless there are other qualifiers between the rounds of the competition.