Hahahahahahaha - Aimpoint

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

........to help you sink more putts.

Bingo - i would expect that when someone says -"before I couldn't sink putts" now I when someone says "holing them from everywhere" I would expect that to mean less shots on the hole and reflecting on the scores and HC

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bingo - i would expect that when someone says -"before I couldn't sink putts" now I when someone says "holing them from everywhere" I would expect that to mean less shots on the hole and reflecting on the scores and HC

It might do after time. But to counter your stance, if your HC isn't going down, perhaps those who aren't using Aimpoint SHOULD? That's kinda where you are going with this.. It's the natural counter argument to your point.

There isn't a right and a wrong. It WILL work for some, and clearly it does, it wont for all. Those who have their mind closed to it and have never been taught it don't really have a valid view. How can they? They don't know how it works properly.

I'm sure that many who use it will have found their HC to come down, I'm also sure plenty more who don't use it will find the opposite.

Peoples HC comes down for a variety of reasons, putting is one of those.

My stance is I don't know enough about it to form an opinion either way but I know this so wont take an anti aimpoint view (or positive one for that matter) until such time as I try it properly.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So the idea of Aimpoint isn't to sink more putts?

You can stand there all day long sticking fingers in the air, get your protractor out, and spirit levels or any other advanced measuring device, but like a DMD for yardage, AP only tells you the amount of break. If you got no sense of direction, speed or putter control then that ain't down to AP, that's you. You can have all the putting aids you want like your V thingy, but if you aim at the apex of the putt with 'correct' speed, your mis reading greens.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It might do after time. But to counter your stance, if your HC isn't going down, perhaps those who aren't using Aimpoint SHOULD? That's kinda where you are going with this.. It's the natural counter argument to your point.

There isn't a right and a wrong. It WILL work for some, and clearly it does, it wont for all. Those who have their mind closed to it and have never been taught it don't really have a valid view. How can they? They don't know how it works properly.

I'm sure that many who use it will have found their HC to come down, I'm also sure plenty more who don't use it will find the opposite.

Peoples HC comes down for a variety of reasons, putting is one of those.

My stance is I don't know enough about it to form an opinion either way but I know this so wont take an anti aimpoint view (or positive one for that matter) until such time as I try it properly.

NOW THATS A BINGO.

well said and written and I respect your point of view. More then I can say for others.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
You can stand there all day long sticking fingers in the air, get your protractor out, and spirit levels or any other advanced measuring device, but like a DMD for yardage, AP only tells you the amount of break. If you got no sense of direction, speed or putter control then that ain't down to AP, that's you. You can have all the putting aids you want like your V thingy, but if you aim at the apex of the putt with 'correct' speed, your mis reading greens.

This, facts and figures still need natural ability to do the job.

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
How are your scores now ? Is the Handicap coming down ?

I'm very pleased to report that YES is! Down from 15 to 8... and I'm beating 3-5 handicaps in scratch matches!
But that's not just down to AimPoint "incremental gains" in all areas.

My average putts per round are down, Putts / GIR are down. And don't miss many from inside 4ft now.
I'm rolling long putts much better and having kick-ins rather than 4-5 footers.
Most importantly I'm not having a melt down when left with a 4-5 footer...

I wasn't happy with my putting, I'm still not happy, it can and will get better.
My point in my story was this - I had numerous problems, one of them was and still is green reading.
AimPoint helps me to be better at it.
So if someone else has problems in green reading, AimPoint is something they could consider.

We can all have different viewpoints on differing learning/coaching technicals but if they are proven to work then they are valid.
I was providing evidence that AimPoint has/does work given an ability to set the ball off on target at the right speeds

I didn't laugh at people with long anchored putters or Michelle Wie type stances etc etc
And I really know what it's like to miss makeable putts that are important to me.

If you don't have such pain you might not feel the need to seek such solutions...

Last edited:

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site

This is my point when i answered the question earlier about what is the idea of Aimpoint. it's isn't for holing putts. It's for reading greens to work out where you should be aiming.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm very pleased to report that YES is! Down from 15 to 8... and I'm beating 3-5 handicaps in scratch matches!
But that's not just down to AimPoint "incremental gains" in all areas.

My average putts per round are down, Putts / GIR are down. And don't miss many from inside 4ft now.
I'm rolling long putts much better and having kick-ins rather than 4-5 footers.
Most importantly I'm not having a melt down when left with a 4-5 footer...

I wasn't happy with my putting, I'm still not happy, it can and will get better.
My point in my story was this - I had numerous problems, one of them was and still is green reading.
AimPoint helps me to be better at it.
So if someone else has problems in green reading, AimPoint is something they could consider.

We can all have different viewpoints on differing learning/coaching technicals but if they are proven to work then they are valid.
I was providing evidence that AimPoint has/does work given an ability to set the ball off on target at the right speeds

I didn't laugh at people with long anchored putters or Michelle Wie type stances etc etc
And I really know what it's like to miss makeable putts that are important to me.

If you don't have such pain you might not feel the need to seek such solutions...

No one is laughing at you and nor would I

It's good to see someone indeed try something and find something that helps them with their game , it's even better when that improvement in their game can be quantified in the results they are getting. It's the first person I have seen that can show the improvements to their game

Reading through your post the main improvement I can see is - confidence in your putting

GreggerKBR

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, agree, I have more confidence in that I know what I am trying to do and I don't deviate from method.
Before I was spinning in a state of "why did that miss?" reactions etc.

Stato numbers - just because I've too much time on my hands!
Year: Putts per round : 3=putts/round and Putts/Green in Reg.

2015 = 33.4 putts/round : 3-putts = 2.0/round : (Putts/GIR 2.01)
2016 = 33.2 putts/round : 3-putts = 1.7/round : (Putts/GIR 1.95)
2017 = 32.1 putts/round : 3-putts = 0.9/round : (Putts/GIR 1.74)

(accepting however that all stats are flawed!)

I've said before on other threads that Mike Kanski @ Harold Swash / Formby is a proper guru = credit where credit due.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Anything under 30 putts a round and i'm happy. Unfortunately it's a rarity for me. It's the worst part of my game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is my point when i answered the question earlier about what is the idea of Aimpoint. it's isn't for holing putts. It's for reading greens to work out where you should be aiming.
Objectively speaking, wouldn't working out where to aim help you hole more putts? Otherwise why bother?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
anyone who thinks that Aimpoint alone will reduce your hc is barking, Lol.

I know. Forget all the other facets that go to make a good score and a handicap cut. If you use Aimpoint some on here who ask the same question every time the subject comes up, find it a convenient hook to try and disprove how effective it works.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know. Forget all the other facets that go to make a good score and a handicap cut. If you use Aimpoint some on here who ask the same question every time the subject comes up, find it a convenient hook to try and disprove how effective it works.

Mmmm we could say that those who buy a £350-£400 driver of TM or Epic proportions surely their hc should of improved to quantify the expenditure?
I had to chuckle about the confidence remark, to gain confidence you have to change in what your used to, trying or doing like changing driver, putter, irons or getting a lesson. He decided to re visit AP and through a change and practise he has GAINED confidence, so AP has helped in his game, just like a new driver, putter and what for can.