Hahahahahahaha - Aimpoint

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date
D

Deleted Member 1156

Just watched Homer's video on aimpoint. Seriously?? Guess the slope with your feet, guess how far to hold out your fingers due to the guess you have made about how quick the green is.

Snake oil for people that can't read greens!

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
Ive watched Homer videos before...however...IMO and if it was me I would not of uploaded this.

Even Peter Finch has commented saying he would not be uploading videos on this as its down to the specalist and not "qualified" to do as such.

I see this being a sticky subject and video...

Just going to grab me popcorn

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
i havent watched Homers video or seen anyone using aimpoint so cant really say much about it ,the only thing i have seen is Adam Scott use it on tv .my personal feeling which is probably miles off the mark is ,that its not going to help me as it is purely guess work ,which my green reading is based on anyway. obviously some people will find a small gain in using it the same as any new method will,after all we are all different and some not find any use for it at all.
all i will say is, have anyone who is currently using Aimpoint as a green reading method seen their putting stats improve enough to reduce their h/cap ,

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The green speed is known. The rest I'm not sure you can.

I'd like to see it done but won't pay 100quid for the privilege.

Pulling out books and charts seems a bit much and could be banned if green reading books go so it will only be the express read allowed.

Looking forward to seeing homers video when I get home. Fair play for making it anyway chap.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
i havent watched Homers video or seen anyone using aimpoint so cant really say much about it ,the only thing i have seen is Adam Scott use it on tv .my personal feeling which is probably miles off the mark is ,that its not going to help me as it is purely guess work ,which my green reading is based on anyway. obviously some people will find a small gain in using it the same as any new method will,after all we are all different and some not find any use for it at all.
all i will say is, have anyone who is currently using Aimpoint as a green reading method seen their putting stats improve enough to reduce their h/cap ,
same question could be asked for anybody that has bought a driver/irons/wedges/putter too .... usually nobody asks about that though ;)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Given that my club doesnt publish the green speeds, and even when they do, which is rare, its mainly lies and rubbish, i cant see how aim point would work. May be i need to buy a stimp. But in any case, my putting is the least of my issues. Aim point to me makes as much sense as the clock method of pitching. Either you can do it by feel, or you do it poorly by mechanics.