Haggs Castle

glasgowbeginner

Medal Winner
Visit site
So you probably remember my last post about joining a new club in Glasgow, I'm planning a work golfing day and looks like Haggs Castle will probably be where we play.

Had a look online and I can get a membership sub £500 because of my age so if I enjoy the round I'll probably look at memberships.

Anyone played the course recently ? Or even better if anyones a member/ ex member?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you probably remember my last post about joining a new club in Glasgow, I'm planning a work golfing day and looks like Haggs Castle will probably be where we play.

Had a look online and I can get a membership sub £500 because of my age so if I enjoy the round I'll probably look at memberships.

Anyone played the course recently ? Or even better if anyones a member/ ex member?

Playd it with farneyman n virtuociity during a GM putting comp, course didnt suit me i wont be rushing back

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playd it with farneyman n virtuociity during a GM putting comp, course didnt suit me i wont be rushing back

Echo this. It's a nice course, but wasn't spectacular to my eye. Each to their own.

Can get on to East Ren for a similar price (guessing you're 18-23) and probably a number of other courses in the area.

Make sure you shop around and if my course happens to cross your radar, give me a shout and I'll give you the guided tour and a round.

Simbo

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't played it for years but it held a qualifier for the europro tour just a few weeks back so must be in decent Nick just now.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gary Player was there yesterday. It looks good in the pics but I hear it gets wet in winter.

glasgowbeginner

Medal Winner
Visit site
Echo this. It's a nice course, but wasn't spectacular to my eye. Each to their own.

Can get on to East Ren for a similar price (guessing you're 18-23) and probably a number of other courses in the area.

Make sure you shop around and if my course happens to cross your radar, give me a shout and I'll give you the guided tour and a round.

To be fair I was thinking about East Ren but was told its rather expensive. Ive just checked the website though and its cheaper than Haggs Castle! Ive only ever heard raving reviews about East Ren and now you have me thinking.

Might try and organize a fourball around it first but if its as good as everyone says I'll no doubt be asking about memberships afterwards.

Thanks!

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As mentioned earlier I played it on route to my Britain's Best Irish Putter 2013 title :cool:

Wasn't a fan of the layout at all but was a decent days craic. Not managed a game at East yet either :D

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
To be fair I was thinking about East Ren but was told its rather expensive. Ive just checked the website though and its cheaper than Haggs Castle! Ive only ever heard raving reviews about East Ren and now you have me thinking.

Might try and organize a fourball around it first but if its as good as everyone says I'll no doubt be asking about memberships afterwards.

Thanks!
I'll be happy to join with Virtuocity in taking you around the course. It's playing really well at the moment, greens are in great condition and we are offering really good joining deals as well. The website has some great aerial views and it's a fantastically scenic course. Of course, I'm biased ;)

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not managed a game at East Ren either :D

Oi, get in the queue :smirk:

Seems like this has been hijacked to " lets get a game round East Ren " :D

Add me to the list as well then :whoo:

Back to OP, played Haggs a few times a few years ago when the firm I worked for had hospitality there. Have to say I quite enjoyed it and it was always in decent condition. They lost some holes and had some new ones built when the M77 was built way back. you can certainly tell the difference from the original course.
Did it not host the Scottish Open at one point ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'll be happy to join with Virtuocity in taking you around the course. It's playing really well at the moment, greens are in great condition and we are offering really good joining deals as well. The website has some great aerial views and it's a fantastically scenic course. Of course, I'm biased ;)

I'm up in the Mearns for two weeks from Sunday ;)