H4H Handicap challenge

Wolf

Visit site
So after a series of 0.1 increases I've finally put some consistency together and managed a 0.4 cut in today's qualifier wanted more but never mind.

Puts me at 8.0 nearly the right side of 8 finally and a slight edge in the race after trailing @Imurg for sometime. Give it 2 weeks and I'll be losing again 😂

Last edited:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just thought I best update after a couple of poor performances in medals - two 0.1s means up to 18.3. (Played really well the day after the second of them & took the swindle money by miles :):( )

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Well I'm embarrassed to have to say that my challenge this year has been so poor that I've just received an email to tell me my handicap has gone up 1 shot in the review!
Puts me on 14.0 and not in great shape to win the challenge.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Won handicap division in our open .6 cut so down to 17.5, had a look on names on cup and it was 20 years since I won it last.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well I'm embarrassed to have to say that my challenge this year has been so poor that I've just received an email to tell me my handicap has gone up 1 shot in the review!
Puts me on 14.0 and not in great shape to win the challenge.

I wasn't expecting that!

I have had a number of 0.1 s but two buffers ( one was 38 points!!) and am at 12.3 at present with two comps this week.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I wasn't expecting that!

I have had a number of 0.1 s but two buffers ( one was 38 points!!) and am at 12.3 at present with two comps this week.

It's not been good this year, what with the heart attack in January and having a frozen shoulder for 6 months now, not to mention my chipping woes!

Anyway, I told the handicap sec I didn't want a shot back and it looks like I'll remain at 13.0

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played club championship over last 2 days poor first round up .1 but good second round 86 net 68 .6 cut to 17, lowest ever, been cut in 4 of the last 5 rounds, have not been going for any glory shots and when in trouble I’ve concentrated on getting back on fairway, new putter has made a difference as well.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's not been good this year, what with the heart attack in January and having a frozen shoulder for 6 months now, not to mention my chipping woes!

Anyway, I told the handicap sec I didn't want a shot back and it looks like I'll remain at 13.0

That's not a good year so far ! Sorry to hear of the health problems but lots of sympathy for the chipping problems. Hope it all is improving and that I will see you at Coventry in August.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Won handicap division in our open .6 cut so down to 17.5, had a look on names on cup and it was 20 years since I won it last.
?
Played club championship over last 2 days poor first round up .1 but good second round 86 net 68 .6 cut to 17, lowest ever, been cut in 4 of the last 5 rounds, have not been going for any glory shots and when in trouble I’ve concentrated on getting back on fairway, new putter has made a difference as well.
Good stuff indeed! Well played. Looks like I have some catching up to do. Hopefully there'll be a qualifying comp this weekend, else it will be the medal in two weeks.

D

Deleted member 21258

2 comps done and 2 buffers, sat still at 9.5 :(, how you doing Paul, any joys ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played in what is my last qualifier before H4H Day. Played to handicap - ie 36 points - with (IMO) little chance of CSS going up, so that's me done on 18.3. A tiny bit down from the start of the season, but nowhere near enough to keep up with Riburnside. But I'll wait until deadline day before parting company with my money ...

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
36 points is good, always nice to play to h/c, lve not played many qualifiers lately and I’m on 17.1 at the moment, but have got a medal today.

Been a close match for most of our challenge maybe do it another year👍

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Having started the season on 22.7 drifted up to 23.3 before getting a cut to 22.1 in the last competition before H4H.
Chellie how did you end up?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry folks but have been tied up with work and other things. Will get final table up this week if people can post what they have ended up at
Gg26 22.1
Anotherdouble 10.1

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having started the season on 22.7 drifted up to 23.3 before getting a cut to 22.1 in the last competition before H4H.
Chellie how did you end up?

Well done. You've beaten me by 0.1 I finished on 22.2

I'm not sure if I paid up at the start. Can someone check and let me know how much I owe.