Gutted

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Guys/girls, need a bit of advice on what is happening with my driving now.

I thought I had it Sussed, but my drives are now going low and left again (with the odd high pull, thrown in)

Previously I felt I was getting ahead of the ball so I adjusted my set-up tilting away from target with weight on back foot, ensuring I turned my shoulders, kept hands quiet and kept head behind ball at impact. This seemed to be working okay, but now it's gone bad again?.

Is it possible I am keeping my weight on back foot too much now and getting similar result to getting too ahead of the ball?. Or has old fault crept bac?

I am a bit of a loss now to explain this -any idea?.

Thanks

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes possible, in fact probable
Not certain what the original fault was, and can't quite work out the same result by staying on your left.
But that swing result is not uncommon for players whose weight is all on their right foot

power fade

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes possible, in fact probable
Not certain what the original fault was, and can't quite work out the same result by staying on your left.
But that swing result is not uncommon for players whose weight is all on their right foot

Thanks for reply. My previous fault was lunging ahead of the ball on downswing. This put my body, hand etc well ahead of ball and meant i was delofting which resulted in low hook or if really steep inyo ball, a big sky shot.

The results are similar, but i am unsure if the cause is the same or the opposite of what i am doing/do?

Anyone else come across this or clear on cause of above

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would suggest you are getting ahead of the ball which is creating a steep swing that sometimes tops the ball creating the low left shots , or sometimes gets under the ball creating the high pull.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Low and left is simply that the face is closed too much to whatever path it is that you're swinging on, you need to keep the club face pointing to where you want the ball to start for longer. It could be that you're not turning your hips (therefore your arms take over and roll shut) or it could simply be your grip or poor alignment.