Gun activists.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve owned guns all my life in the UK
I think that there are far too many restrictions on gun ownership and it should be easier for people to own guns
I also think that owning a gun for self defence should be considered in the uk as well.

Using the systems in place already it is easy enough to weed out unsuitable people so less restrictions should be placed on people deemed suitable, especially regards handgun ownership. The rules should be less restrictive in their regard.
contentious I know but opinions are allowed.

So what restrictions do you think should be lifted on gun ownership in this country? I like the fact that it’s very hard to get a gun license. (Not a shotgun license, I know that is easy)
And are you serious with your point regarding people owning guns for self defence? Do you not think that is a slippery slope the yanks have slid down? I rather like the fact that in this country if you wave a gun in public in all likelihood you will be shot dead by the police.

Brads

Visit site
You think that that one incident should have resulted in the restrictions it ended in ?

Dunblane was a result of incompetence and the incorrect issue of an fac.
The problem there was the person that owned the guns, and the police eagerness to deflect from their incompetence.

Very similar to the air gun restrictions applied in Scotland.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
You think that that one incident should have resulted in the restrictions it ended in ?

Dunblane was a result of incompetence and the incorrect issue of an fac.
The problem there was the person that owned the guns, and the police eagerness to deflect from their incompetence.

Very similar to the air gun restrictions applied in Scotland.

One incident?

Dunblane, Hungerford, Cumbria(2010).

Courtesy of the tightening of procedures and laws the U.K. is a safer place. You appear to want it more along the lines of the USA.

My training manager has a licence for all sorts of rifles, and has no trouble game shooting or at various ranges both home and abroad. Why change the laws?

As for having guns for self defence, that’s exactly the sort of person who shouldn’t have a gun, i.e. Someone who already believes it’s ok to use a gun on someone else.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You lot really want to try and talk to an American about gun control! Leave him to it. You'll never change his opinion. A bit like "shafts choice" on this forum ?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think that there are far too many restrictions on gun ownership and it should be easier for people to own guns
I also think that owning a gun for self defence should be considered in the uk as well.

Using the systems in place already it is easy enough to weed out unsuitable people so less restrictions should be placed on people deemed suitable, especially regards handgun ownership. The rules should be less restrictive in their regard.
And what is your use for these guns?
By guns I would guess you mean shotguns and potentially rifles.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Why do you want to relax the restrictions? What is your agenda in this matter?
What benefits do you see in the restrictions being relaxed? I mean, real benefits?
The lower the restrictions, the more chance of the tragedies that have been mentioned above being repeated as there is a bigger chance of someone getting through the net.
One death is one too many. Multiple mass killings are, to me, the perfect reason not to have relaxed control.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

My daughter carries a Glock and a Heckler and Koch every day. Heavier stuff to put through a lorry engine block. If you saw some of the brain dead idiots she has to deal with every day. Gun ownership should deffo not be easier. At the moment terrorists spend all day searching the net trying to make some kind of explosive device. If they had access to guns this country would become a bloodbath.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Apart from

"You lot really want to try and talk to an American about gun control! Leave him to it. You'll never change his opinion. A bit like "shafts choice" on this forum ?"
I didn't see that as relating to you. That was giving an example about trying to talk to people who are pro-guns about gun control. It's an argument you won't win.
Anyway, you haven't answered any of the questions that were asked of you.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Apart from

"You lot really want to try and talk to an American about gun control! Leave him to it. You'll never change his opinion. A bit like "shafts choice" on this forum ?"

“You lot relates to those that replied to you. Then there’s a new sentence…”leave him…” not leave the American. No ref to you being American - separate sentences with different nouns with no link.