Grip (Old vs New)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I use an interlocking grip and have been working on getting a more neutral grip from the strong grip I'd been used to ever since Bob noticed in a previous swing video.

As an example, below is a picture showing how strong my grip used to be (Note the closure tab on the gloves position and how far right it's rotated)

6IronSO0381.jpg

Below is a picture of my current grip, again, note the position of the gloves closure tab

temporary-66.jpg

To me, this seems and feels more neutral. I've spent, pretty much, the last few months working on a more neutral grip as it's going to help me in the long run.

How does this (My current grip) look to you?

Any pointers, comments, critisisms always welcome :thup:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
It looks more neutral but more importantly, are you hitting it straighter?
Your left arm should be more relaxed now too

I'm not hitting many hooks now Bob. The only time I do is when is stop rotating through my downswing.

I generally hit it straighter more often now for sure!

I can't say I've noticed less tension in my left arm, but I will make a note next time I grip the club.

What I have noticed since making my grip more neutral is my right hand doesn't want to slide under the grip (rotate right).

Just feels more comfortable some how.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must say that it looks miles better. Looks more relaxed and comfortable than the old grip. Just make sure you only hold the club in the fingers of your top hand. (have to use top&bottom, front&back. with me being a lefty. Easier than thinking left one minute then right the next lol.)

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I can't say I've noticed less tension in my left arm, but I will make a note next time I grip the club.

Just feels more comfortable some how.

Certainly seems to be less tension with new grip.

Before view arms looked a little like the way we were forced to sit rigidly straight at school!