Grip Choice

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The multi compounds on my clubs are seriously in need of changing,having spent over 3 years unused in my attic,but having hunted high and low for cheap grips,its obvious that i won't find genuine GP multi compounds for less than £6 each,and i really don't fancy spending £80 regripping them,and may have to consider something cheaper.
One of my wedges still has the original Titleist tour velvet on,and if i'm honest,in the dry it feels really nice,so maybe the GP tour velvets at £2.50 a grip are worth a go.
What grips are everybody using,and if cost wasn't an option what grips would you choose and why ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Really dont like tour velvet, have always used a full cord grip but changed to multi compounds earlier this year (cost me £100 to get them all done and that was a bargain!)

Very happy with them and see no reason to change to anything different

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have Multi-compound's on my irons and Tour Velvet - or equivalent - on eberything else and it honestly doesn't make much difference to me.......

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Check the Gamola site link as above and you will find that Sharpro do a multicompound grip at a fraction of the price. Think they are about £2.70.

I put the non cord versions on my son's clubs and would not hesitate to use them at that price. Some say the do not last as long as the GP's but as they are much cheaper I don't think it's too much of a problem

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Check the Gamola site link as above and you will find that Sharpro do a multicompound grip at a fraction of the price. Think they are about £2.70.

I put the non cord versions on my son's clubs and would not hesitate to use them at that price. Some say the do not last as long as the GP's but as they are much cheaper I don't think it's too much of a problem

I've tried the Sharpro M/C's and they do work well. I found them to be a little thinner than the GP version - this may account for them not lasting as long - so you may need an extra layer or 2 of tape to build them up.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I buy the Tour Velvet in bulk from time to time and just whip off an old grip when tired. I do some for mates as well or cheap clubs/2nd hand stuff I pick up.

I use Gamola and got all the kit from them. £2.98 a grip.

T

thecraw

Thats not the cord version, plain standard but fantastic crossline grip. Excellent grips IMO.