GPS

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have got the Callaway Upro GPS and cannot reccommend it highly enough. It's a great piece of kit and no subscription fees to pay. Although if you want the ProMode then it does cost you per course. Definitely worth £150 for the unit though.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Skycaddie cost does NOT include any subs.
You have to cough up the 30 quid every year.

Yes, and worse still, it's not like a car sat-nav where you can ignore updating it and still use it, skycaddie is next to useless if you don't decide to stump up the cash.

I like my skycaddie, but it's turning us users into slaves somewhat.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I honestly think I'm on the cusp of stopping using mine altogether.
I've got the Laser as well now and I look at that instead. I can get a reading from almost anything. THere's hardly a spot on my course where you can't get line of sight to the green or something around it.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
I honestly think I'm on the cusp of stopping using mine altogether.
I've got the Laser as well now and I look at that instead. I can get a reading from almost anything. THere's hardly a spot on my course where you can't get line of sight to the green or something around it.

Would love first refusal if you decide to sell

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Upro are great but check their site first. I had a deal done at 135 brand new but 4 of my locals were not mapped yet. I spoke to upro's uk office and they couldn't promise mr they would be dobd within 6 months. For this reason it was useless.

The sonocaddie seems to come with good reviews. All the features of the upro in pro mode but no subs to pay at all. If I had to get one I'd opt for this route and toucan check if your courses are mapped online too

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
MyCaddie Iphone App for me whilst I save up for the Garmin Watch. Love how simple it is - to set up, wear and use. Also like the lack of subs required too

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
seems teh garmins are becoming popular, hopefully this will see costs drop as its pretty basic compared with other units, Noticed this weekend AG are doing sky caddies 2.5 for 149.00 which i thought was cheap.