GPS Recommendation

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know there's been a million threads on this but I'm after something quite specific and I spent ages searching without finding much, so sorry for another thread about them.

I have a laser, but obviously there are downsides if you're on an unfamiliar course and can't see where the hole goes or even the flag/green.

I'm toying with the idea (if I can get one cheap enough) of getting a GPS specifically for playing at away courses.

What I'd like is...

No subscription or course download charges.
Good battery life.
A view of the hole.
Distances to hazards shown on the hole view without having to tap the screen.

Can anyone recommend one from that?

Thank you :)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Brought a Garmin G3 from Tesco Direct for £118 http://www.tesco.com/direct/sports-...uId=208-8668&pageLevel=sku&_requestid=1376735 with an offer code.

Does exacatly what you need and I'm very impressed.

Yep i have the G5 , you dont have to tap the screen for yardages but you can tap it to check lay up distances etc , i was very much in the you dont need a GPS camp , but i find this excellent .. my ability is stil rubbish but a massive help on strange courses .. g3 or g5 is perfect for what you want with no yearly sub

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I found this in the review of the Golf Buddy one Gibbo, which put me off a bit...

While there is no overhead map of the hole available

Thanks for the suggestions of the Garmin one, I'd forgotten about that and the Tesco price.

Ordered!

Never let it be said I don't think things through properly! :mad:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
ahhh, didnt realise that, thats one feature of golfshot I use when out for a friendly knock for blind shots.

hope the G3 does the business, would order one myself but my course is like hens teeth on GPS devices :(

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
just double checked the Garmin site and it seems my course is newly added, can someone try it for me?

its RAF HenlowGolf Club

if it is indeed now mapped I will order a G3 today :)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
ordered and code used, £123 with delivery by thursday :)

about time some other bugger mapped my course as was limited to golfbuddy or sonocaddie and they cost a fair bit more normally.

Just watched a few video's and looks top notch :thup:

Now if I could only hit the right distances....