GPS from USA, info required.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Right troops, I need to know for definite, if I get a Skycaddie SG2.5 from the US, will it be okay for use over here, any problems I should know about. My mates going over there at the end of January and they’re as cheap as chips.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I asked the guy in Edwin Watts when i was there in April and he said they were ok for the UK and Europe ,however i didn't buy one as the exchange rate made them more expensive there.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Shouldn't be a problem Tommo but why don't you email Skycaddie and ask?

They are very helpful folk.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can't see that it would be a problem - they're all made over there (or more likely in China!) and shipped here anyway.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
The only problem I could foresee would be the charging. Are the USA 110V? Would the units be set up for this voltage? Might be worth asking the question when you mail them Tommo.

Edit...Just thought, the plug brings the voltage down to 12V....ignore my comment.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
The only problem I could foresee would be the charging. Are the USA 110V? Would the units be set up for this voltage? Might be worth asking the question when you mail them Tommo.

Edit...Just thought, the plug brings the voltage down to 12V....ignore my comment.

You could well be right there. USA socket is not the same and 240 volts will be too much for a 110 charger. I'll e mail them. I should have thought of that.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Tommo,

Interested in this thread as I am also hoping to buy one over there later in the year. Have you sourced any shops yet and how have the prices been ? Have only looked at Edwin Watts so far.

IM01

Challenge Tour Pro
www.goswicklinksgc.co.uk
What price are they in the US then?

I would be interested to know that also as I have just purchased SG2.5 from my pro for £170 which includes a free green fee at a Devere course(unfortunately to be used before end of March) and the chance to be shown how best to use the unit by a PGA Pro/assistant.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well. The SG5 is $300 which is about £186. That's a hell of a saving if you ask me. You could almost certainly get a voltage converter for under £10 incl.P&P from ebay, so everyone's a winner.
If skycaddie give you grief (which they won't) say your great auntie in little rock sent you one.

Sorted.

If the memberships are the same in dollars as pounds, why not buy one over there, register it worldwide and come home, then in a years time claim to have emigrated.....